Kindle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
It's a new year!

Book me to copyedit your book! Rates are unchanged from last year, so no new surprises on that front. 0.0045 USD per word.

I'm anticipating a major business shift later this year with further specialization and beginning developmental editing; until then, it's business as usual. Copyediting, copyediting, copyediting. Any genre welcome, but I have the most experience in fantasy, sci-fi, romance, thrillers, and self-help.

Reach out via email at [email protected] with an excerpt of your novel and I'll get back to you with a sample edit!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
A new site! It's much better than the old SimpleMachines Forum, innit?

Book me to copyedit or proofread your novel! Like my previous post, my rates are still unchanged, so you can still expect the same low, budget-friendly rates (0.0045 USD per word for copyediting).

No new news on the specialization front, so please continue sending me manuscripts for fantasy, sci-fi, romance, thrillers, and self-help.

Interested in a sample edit? Feel free to send me 1000 to 1500 words of your manuscript to [email protected].

Check out my website too for testimonials and my portfolio: Home – Ember Editing

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Here I am once again! This time I'm finishing up a proofread of a self-help book. I have an immediate slot available before March, and a couple slots available for then, so now would be a great time to book me and not need to wait too long for us to get started.

0.0045 USD per word for copyediting. Reach out to me via email at [email protected] with a short excerpt of your book for a sample edit.

Need more info, like titles I've worked on and testimonials? You can always check out the OP of this thread and the website in my signature!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Accepting bookings for March. Copyediting and proofreading for fantasy, sci-fi, romance, thriller, and self-help.

0.0045 USD per word for copyediting. 0.003 USD per word for proofreading.

Interested in a sample edit? Send me a short excerpt of your book to [email protected].

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Another week, another bump.

Hire me to edit your book! I'm a straightforward copyeditor who doesn't dilly-dally and gives you exactly what you're looking for. Sci-fi, fantasy, romance, thriller, self-help very welcome.

I want to boost my sci-fi shelf a little more, so I'm running a 25% discount on sci-fi titles right now. 0.0045 USD per word for copyediting, 0.003 USD per word for proofreading. With the discount for sci-fi, that turns into 0.0034 and 0.0023 USD per word, respectively.

Contact me via email at [email protected] and attach a small excerpt of your novel for a sample edit. I have an author-friendly pay structure ($25 deposit, rest paid upon delivery) and good turnaround times. I follow the Chicago Manual of Style, recent literary convention, as well as your own preferences. Like your ellipses a certain way? Grey/gray, blond/blonde, spaced en dashes vs. unspaced ems? We can make it work.

(Website: Home – Ember Editing)

--

And now something about me, the person, and not just me, the editor...

Books I've read in the past month:

The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
Witch Gold by Justine Rosenberg
Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
Tiamat's Wrath by James S.A. Corey

Books I'm reading right now:

Sword of Destiny by Andrzej Sapkowski
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
Revising Your Novel: First Draft to Finished Draft by Janice Hardy

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I've spent the past week working on legal documents. It'd be great to cleanse the palate with some fiction. :) Reach out today to inquire about copyediting for your novel!

Sci-fi discount from the last post is still valid and ongoing!

Contact me via email at [email protected] and attach a small excerpt of your novel for a sample edit. I have an author-friendly pay structure ($25 deposit, rest paid upon delivery) and good turnaround times. I follow the Chicago Manual of Style, recent literary convention, as well as your own preferences. Like your ellipses a certain way? Grey/gray, blond/blonde, spaced en dashes vs. unspaced ems? We can make it work.

--

Books I've read since last week:

Sword of Destiny by Andrzej Sapkowski
Revising Your Novel: First Draft to Finished Draft by Janice Hardy
Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski

Books I'm reading now:

The Subversive Copyeditor by Carol Fisher Saller
The Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski (Yeah, I'm burning through the entire Witcher series, finally.)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I just wrapped up an edit on a game-theory book and a spy thriller!

Interested in a copyedit? Contact me via email at [email protected] and attach a small excerpt of your novel for a sample edit. I have an author-friendly pay structure ($25 deposit, rest paid upon delivery) and good turnaround times. I follow the Chicago Manual of Style, recent literary convention, as well as your own preferences. Like your ellipses a certain way? Grey/gray, blond/blonde, spaced en dashes vs. unspaced ems? We can make it work.

--

The Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski

Books I'm reading now:

Baptism of Fire by Andrzej Sapkowski

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Can't share specifics quite yet, but I'll likely have some good news to share here soon! Not business impacting, so no worries on that front, but it'll be a nice feather in my cap.

Interested in a copyedit? Contact me via email at [email protected] and attach a small excerpt of your novel for a sample edit. I have an author-friendly pay structure ($25 deposit, rest paid upon delivery) and good turnaround times. I follow the Chicago Manual of Style, recent literary convention, as well as your own preferences. Like your ellipses a certain way? Grey/gray, blond/blonde, spaced en dashes vs. unspaced ems? We can make it work.

Genres welcome: Fantasy, sci-fi, romance, thriller, self-help

--

Baptism of Fire by Andrzej Sapkowski
All Systems Red by Martha Wells

Books I'm reading now:

The Tower of Swallows by Andrzej Sapkowski
Saves the Cat! Writes a Book by Jessica Brody

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Well, I can finally share that thing! I'm now an editor for dScryb, a Canadian company that is publishing boxed text for epic fantasy tabletop RPG campaigns. They just released integration with Foundry as well as a Cartography series!

-----

The Tower of the Swallow by Andrzej Sapkowski
Saves the Cat! Writes a Book by Jessica Brody
Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne
The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab

Books I'm reading now:

Lady of the Lake by Andrzej Sapkowski
Wired for Story by Lisa Cron
I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was by Barbara Sher

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
dScryb now has over 600 paid subscribers. It's growing quickly!

-----

Lady of the Lake by Andrzej Sapkowski
Wired for Story by Lisa Cron
I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was by Barbara Sher

Books I'm reading now:

Season of Storms by Andrzej Sapkowski

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I have one slot immediately free and one slot for the first two weeks of May.

Rate: 0.0045 USD per word

-----

Season of Storms by Andrzej Sapkowski
The Queen's Gambit by Walter Tevis
Riot Baby by Tochi Onyebuchi

Books I'm reading now:

Perdido Street Station by China Miéville
Axiom's End by Lindsay Ellis

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
No more slots available until the second week of May! Book with me today for an edit tomorrow! (Well, not really tomorrow, but you get the picture.)

-----

Perdido Street Station by China Miéville
Axiom's End by Lindsay Ellis
The Stars Are Legion by Kameron Hurley

Books I'm reading now:

House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas
Unexpected Stories by Octavia E. Butler

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
A recent testimonial from Katelynn Koontz: "Having never used a professional editor for my work before, I was a little nervous and uncertain of what to expect. Davy made the process absolutely painless. He was incredibly fast, incredibly thorough, and very professional through the entire process. I will most certainly be recommending him to anyone I know looking to have something edited!"

-----

House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas
Unexpected Stories by Octavia E. Butler

Books I'm reading now:

The Devil and the Dark Water by Stuart Turton
On Writing by Stephen King

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·

-----

On Writing by Stephen King

Books I'm reading now:

The Year of the Witching by Alexis Henderson
Written in Red by Anne Bishop

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I have availability starting the second week of June. :)

-----

The Year of the Witching by Alexis Henderson

Books I'm reading now:

To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini
Artificial Condition by Martha Wells

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I have availability starting the second week of June. :)

-----

Midlife by Jhenifer Pabillano

Books I'm reading now:

Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

-----

Rogue Protocol by Martha Wells
Craft in the Real World: Rethinking Fiction Writing by Matthew Salesses

Books I'm reading now:

The Space Between Worlds by Micaiah Johnson
Out of the Dark by David Weber

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
I received a testimonial from Anna V. Leigh, who recently published her first romance novel, The Russian Girl.

"I reached out to several copyeditors before finally choosing Davy, and to be honest, it was an easy choice to make. From start to finish, he was polite, professional, knowledgeable, and extremely quick, which helped me to produce my book ahead of schedule. I needed a thorough clean-up of my manuscript, and Davy delivered that and so much more. He brought his editorial wisdom, style savvy, and years of experience to bear on my manuscript, and I couldn’t be more delighted with the results. Thank you, Davy, for taking such good care of my book."

Thank you, Anna!

-----

-----

The Space Between Worlds by Micaiah Johnson
Out of the Dark by David Weber
Machinehood by S.B. Divya

Books I'm reading now:

Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop
The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea by Maggie Tokuda-Hall
The Ministry for the Future by Kim Stanley Robinson

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·

-----

Nada :(

Books I'm reading now:

Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop
The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea by Maggie Tokuda-Hall
The Ministry for the Future by Kim Stanley Robinson
The Book of Koli by M.R. Carey

41 - 60 of 92 Posts