Kindle Forum banner
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Interested in a copyedit? Contact me via email at [email protected] and attach a small excerpt of your novel for a sample edit. I have an author-friendly pay structure ($25 deposit, rest paid upon delivery) and good turnaround times. I follow the Chicago Manual of Style, recent literary convention, as well as your own preferences. Like your ellipses a certain way? Grey/gray, blond/blonde, spaced en dashes vs. unspaced ems? We can make it work.

Rate: 0.0045 USD per word
Genres welcome: Fantasy, sci-fi, romance, thriller

-----

Books I've read since last week:

Velocity Weapon by Megan O'Keefe

Books I'm reading now:

Descendant of the Crane by Joan He
The Raven Tower by Ann Leckie
Fugitive Telemetry by Martha Wells

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Interested in a copyedit? Contact me via email at [email protected] and attach a small excerpt of your novel for a sample edit. I have an author-friendly pay structure ($25 deposit, rest paid upon delivery) and good turnaround times. I follow the Chicago Manual of Style, recent literary convention, as well as your own preferences. Like your ellipses a certain way? Grey/gray, blond/blonde, spaced en dashes vs. unspaced ems? We can make it work.

-----

Descendant of the Crane by Joan He
The Raven Tower by Ann Leckie
Fugitive Telemetry by Martha Wells

Books I'm reading now:

A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
Matilda by Roald Dahl
Aurora Burning by Amie Kaufman

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I have availability starting next week!

-----

A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer

Books I'm reading now:

Matilda by Roald Dahl
Middlegame by Seanan McGuire
To Be Taught, If Fortunate by Becky Chambers
A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·

-----

Matilda by Roald Dahl
Middlegame by Seanan McGuire
To Be Taught, If Fortunate by Becky Chambers
A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer

Books I'm reading now:

The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule
The Light Brigade by Kameron Hurley

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·

-----

Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule

Books I'm reading now:

A Vow So Bold and Deadly by Brigid Kemmerer
Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection by John Sarno

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Well, I can finally share that thing! I'm now an editor for dScryb, a Canadian company that is publishing boxed text for epic fantasy tabletop RPG campaigns. They just released integration with Foundry as well as a Cartography series!
I am still working with dScryb! And here's some great news about that: dScryb won an award just last month. We received a silver medal for Best Online Content in the tabletop RPG industry. The award was presented at this year's Gen Con.

-----

Books I'm reading now:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·

-----

Books I'm reading now:

We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Nothing read this last week. It's been slow reading lately, unfortunately!

I have immediate availability for copyediting and proofreading projects. My rate for copyediting is 0.0045 USD per word, which is $270 for a 60,000-word manuscript. Great turnaround times, and I'm very easy to work with. Reach out, eh?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·

-----

We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal

Books I'm reading now:

King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·

-----

Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel

Books I'm reading now:

Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel
The Shadow of What Was Lost by James Islington

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I have availability after mid-December!

-----

Books I'm reading now:

Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel
The Shadow of What Was Lost by James Islington

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I have availability after mid-December! I'll also be revamping my website and finally updating my title list in the next couple weeks. Some nice business changes coming. :)

Genres welcome: Fantasy, sci-fi, thriller, romance

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Christmas Sale! All novels booked with me between now and Christmas Day are 15% off. This discount applies even if you schedule for sometime in 2022; just pay a small deposit and secure your place in my schedule (and the discount rate!).

My website revamp is about 25% complete. I'm excited to finish it and push out the new version, hopefully sometime in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Christmas Sale! All novels booked with me between now and Christmas Day are 15% off. This discount applies even if you schedule for sometime in 2022; just pay a small deposit and secure your place in my schedule (and the discount rate!).

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·

I also received a lovely testimonial earlier this week. You can't yet buy the book I edited, but you can check out the first book in the author's series: Neil Adam Ray

"Working with Davy has been a pleasure throughout the entire process. His communication always satisfied the trifecta of friendly, professional, and timely, as did his edits. In addition to fixing the usual misplaced punctuation, mangled sentence structure, and grammatical mistakes, he also included stylistic suggestions, detailed comments on why he made certain changes, and general observations to provide insight into how a reader might experience and interpret the text.

I can honestly say Davy exceeded my expectations, and his service was well worth the (notably reasonable) price. I will definitely be reaching out to Davy for my next project."

---

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
If you haven't read my OP in a while, now is a great time to do that. I've made some pretty big changes to my business! I have an all-new website. The address is the same as before, so Home - Ember Editing is still the way to read more about me and my services.

I've added a developmental editing service to my business. I am offering this for fantasy and sci-fi authors. Of particular note is the introductory rate. I've trained hard for over a year and have a couple projects under my belt, but I want to add many, many more in 2022. My rate for developmental editing is 0.0055 USD a word. I also offer a manuscript evaluation service if you want something cheaper.

All this and more can be found in my OP and on my website.

I also received another testimonial. Check it out!

"Hiring Davy has benefitted dScryb tremendously. He's knowledgeable, diligent, and intelligent. He spots issues as they arise and takes the initiative to offer solutions. Not surprisingly, this has made Davy an essential member of the team. His edits have significantly improved the content that dScryb has published. Best of all, he gets along well with the writers, other editors, and ourselves. He's earned our trust. We recommend him without reservation, and we encourage anyone interested in retaining Davy to ask for our contact information and to call for further reference." - David Shulman & Benjamin Guth, Owners of dScryb

---

Copyediting rate: 0.0045 USD per word

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
If you haven't read my OP in a while, now is a great time to do that. I've made some pretty big changes to my business! I have an all-new website. The address is the same as before, so emberediting.com is still the way to read more about me and my services.

I've added a developmental editing service to my business. I am offering this for fantasy and sci-fi authors. Of particular note is the introductory rate. I've trained hard for over a year and have a couple projects under my belt, but I want to add many, many more in 2022. My rate for developmental editing is 0.0055 USD a word. I also offer a manuscript evaluation service if you want something cheaper.

---

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
If you haven't read my OP in a while, now is a great time to do that. I've made some pretty big changes to my business! I have an all-new website. The address is the same as before, so emberediting.com is still the way to read more about me and my services.

---

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·

Or maybe you're a sci-fi or fantasy writer and you're interested in a developmental edit—or perhaps a simpler manuscript evaluation. We can chat about that too. I've added a developmental editing service to my business. Of particular note is the introductory rate. I've trained hard for over a year and have a couple projects under my belt, but I want to add many, many more in 2022. My rate for developmental editing is 0.0055 USD a word. Check out my developmental editing page on my website for more details: Click me!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·

Or maybe you're a sci-fi or fantasy writer and you're interested in a developmental edit—or perhaps a simpler manuscript evaluation. We can chat about that too. I've added a developmental editing service to my business. Of particular note is the introductory rate. I've trained hard for over a year and have a couple projects under my belt, but I want to add many, many more in 2022. My rate for developmental editing is 0.0055 USD a word. Check out my developmental editing page on my website for more details: Click me!

61 - 80 of 106 Posts