Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my kindle month hated the cover I initially purchased so i purchased the lavender noreve and I love it but I also love strange dog's dark and stormy night cover.  How do I justify another cover to my family/ and or friends should I be lucky enough to purchase dark ans stormy night?  they already think my love for my kindle is wacko but then none of them are readers ;D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I own 3 covers.  One Oberon, two M-edge.  I have a K1 and I don't count the original cover that came with it.  I'm not sure what to tell you to tell your friends.  My philosophy is it's my money and I can spend it on what I want.  Of course, I don't have anyone I have to be accountable to either.  Good luck in your decision.
deb

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
You justify it by pointing them to these Boards. You can be childish and say "See, they have them. Why can't I??"  haha  ;D

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in all honesty they won't care they'll just give me a hard time about it because they will probably have to help me switch covers due to my disability

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kind said:
You justify it by pointing them to these Boards. You can be childish and say "See, they have them. Why can't I??" haha ;D
;) very true at least I'm not alone

·
Registered
142 Posts
If they say anthing, just tell them having a new cover makes you happy!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
mistyd107 said:
I've had my kindle month hated the cover I initially purchased so i purchased the lavender noreve and I love it but I also love strange dog's dark and stormy night cover. How do I justify another cover to my family/ and or friends should I be lucky enough to purchase dark ans stormy night? they already think my love for my kindle is wacko but then none of them are readers ;D
Well, my justification for owning multiple covers (going on 4 for K2 and 2 for K1) is that some are for 'dress-up' when you go out and some are for around the house or around the pool when you don't want possibly damp hands to touch your fine leather cover. A girl ('er, Kindle) must be dressed appropriately for all occasions!

Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Seriously, though, if you can afford it and it's not hurting anyone financially then you don't have to justify yourself to anyone. That's my opinion, anyway.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
mistyd107 said:
...How do I justify another cover to my family...
Simple. Just buy another Kindle. ;D

Sailor

·
Registered
377 Posts
No need to justify, IMO.  I have two Oberon covers for my K2 and the minute Oberon releases the red gingko cover, I plan to have a third...  ;D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
sailor said:
Simple. Just buy another Kindle. ;D

Sailor
I like the way you think.
deb

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have bought and sold a few covers, but now I am static with 7 beautiful StrangeDogs, 4 MEdges, 1 Leather Red which I really love, 1 Leather Blue which I just hate, 1 Vinyl Red which I love and use a Hell of A Lot, 1 Vinyl Tan which I have given to my Mother with her K1 which I bought used for her.  She really loves it, and is slowing learning how not to be afraid of her...  and I have an Oberon Avenue of Trees in Fern which is so beautiful, that I only use her for about a week every month.  This cover is incredibly beautiful... it is sturdy and magical.  I swap my covers out on Tyrella, I don't know why, I just do... my husband thinks that the covers and the skins are very interesting in that some of us 'dress up' our eReaders like babies, pets, or children.      I gently, laughingly suggest that he    Just Step Away From Tyrella  !!!!!!!!!    NOW.......!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOL

G

·
ricky said:
I have bought and sold a few covers, but now I am static with 7 beautiful StrangeDogs, 4 MEdges, 1 Leather Red which I really love, 1 Leather Blue which I just hate, 1 Vinyl Red which I love and use a Hell of A Lot, 1 Vinyl Tan which I have given to my Mother with her K1 which I bought used for her. She really loves it, and is slowing learning how not to be afraid of her... and I have an Oberon Avenue of Trees in Fern which is so beautiful, that I only use her for about a week every month. This cover is incredibly beautiful... it is sturdy and magical. I swap my covers out on Tyrella, I don't know why, I just do... my husband thinks that the covers and the skins are very interesting in that some of us 'dress up' our eReaders like babies, pets, or children. I gently, laughingly suggest that he Just Step Away From Tyrella !!!!!!!!! NOW.......!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOL
You have TWELVE covers??? Holy....that just blows my mind....LOL Granted I do have about a dozen different handbags but 12 covers??? Wow!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts