Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably shouldn't be thinking of this now ... I haven't even received my Kindle yet, but while I was looking at the replacement battery, and considering whether or not I should pre-order one now, I noticed that the battery is "recyclable."

But, there's sometimes a big difference between something being technically recyclable and actually having access to a program or service to do this, especially a way that's environmentally-responsible. I live in a very small rural community - where recycling opportunities for end-of-life electronics and batteries are few and far between.

Some manufacturers of electronics and components offer a recycling program for their old products. I looked in the on-line product description for the Kindle but didn't see anything about this.

Does anyone know if Amazon offers a program? Hopefully I'll have no need for it for years ... but I'm curious to know if they have a product-stewardship policy for Kindle.

Glynnis

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Order it now - by the time you get it you will be on Kindle version 5. They seem to be backordered till hell freezes over.

Steve

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope not, I'd hate to be Kindle-Tethered (only operating with the AC recharger plugged in).  I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Honda will have new batteries available for our hybrid when the time comes for that ... seems like this is a fairly common problem with "unplugged" products though.
Glynnis

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered an extra battery a few weeks ago - it is on backorder.
Its a good idea to keep an extra battery - so I would order one now.

I

·
0 Posts
Even though I just got mine a scant 2 weeks ago, I decided to get a back up battery as well.  I'd rather have it and not need it instead of the other way around.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've got one ordered, but yeah, I don't know if it will ever show up.  ::) For those of you that have had your Kindles for a few months or more, have you had battery issues and needed a new one?

Nemo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts