Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I occasionally read short stories. I don't have anything against them. But every day I check the new Kindle sci fi books, and it seems that every day they have about 50-100 new entries, all short stories. Enough already. I want books, not thousands of short stories.

Steve

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'll see your short stories decree, and raise you a "Please put the expired copyright books in their own section, so I don't have to pick thru them. "  100 year old Punch magazines just don't do it for me.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Me too. I wish they would organize the store better. Put short stores and domain in their own sections and get them away from the books so I can see what I'm doing.

Melissa

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Use jungle-search, or use -public or -domain when you're searching on Amazon & that will eliminate at least most of the public domain stuff.  But I agree - wish they'd put the public domain stuff in an entirely different section. 

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
robin.goodfellow said:
I'll see your short stories decree, and raise you a "Please put the expired copyright books in their own section, so I don't have to pick thru them. " 100 year old Punch magazines just don't do it for me.
I saw "yeh" miss robin, yeh to a profound and important observation.

·
Registered
740 Posts
meljackson said:
Me too. I wish they would organize the store better. Put short stores and domain in their own sections and get them away from the books so I can see what I'm doing.

Melissa
Maybe they will organize it better now that the new Kindle is out. I'm sure they have thousands of new users and hopefully most of them will complain and then they'll change it ;)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweety18 said:
Maybe they will organize it better now that the new Kindle is out. I'm sure they have thousands of new users and hopefully most of them will complain and then they'll change it ;)
I doubt it. I think they are dumping huge amounts of 100 year old public domain stuff that no one cares about, along with huge numbers of short stories just to build the reported number of Kindle books available. I don't think they want too many people figuring out that many of them are useless. It's all about the number you can advertise.

Steve

·
Registered
279 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
I'll see your short stories decree, and raise you a "Please put the expired copyright books in their own section, so I don't have to pick thru them. " 100 year old Punch magazines just don't do it for me.
Dare I say it....maybe they need folders!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Angela said:
The ability to jump ahead in page numbers would make a HUGE difference in sorting through all those pages.
That I know how to do: Once you've made it to page 2, go to the address bar; it ends (a long way to the right!) with " =2 ". Change that "2" to another number and hit enter. Voila, you jump to the new page!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree, but I did put Benjamin Buttons into mine, I wanted to read it, but found it free, or for .99 cents on Kindle. I'm surprised it is a short story.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Rhonlynn said:
I agree, but I did put Benjamin Buttons into mine, I wanted to read it, but found it free, or for .99 cents on Kindle. I'm surprised it is a short story.
My wife and I just saw the movie last night, and were also surprised to see that it came from a short - I downloaded it today (free!) and will read it after work today!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts