Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the e-mail for ENT's Book of the Day for this year. They had this at the end:

Some genres are very successful with our audience while others don't do as well. Examples of genres that do well are pretty much any type of romance (historical, comedy, western, contemporary), mystery, suspense, drama and sometimes even horror. Genres that don't do quite as well are science fiction, fantasy, young adult, children's books and paranormal. If you want to promote a book in any of the genres that I've mentioned that don't do as well, that is totally up to you but I wanted to make sure to point that out.
So, I was wondering if anyone had promoted one of the less popular genres on ENT -- specifically fantasy/young adult/paranormal (my books fall mostly into those genres). Did you have enough success that $60 would be worth it? Or should I check out other places? If so, where might those genres have more success? KND, POI, etc.? I know there's a POI for YA and Children's books, but I haven't really looked into their promo opportunities lately.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I've run ads for 3 different group promos on ENT.  One each for Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror and we averaged about a 1% click through rate for Fantasy and about a third of that for Horror/Sci-Fi.  Not the best results and I don't know that I'd pay for it for a single book, but at $25-$30 a pop the ads are a good deal if the cost is spread between multiple authors.

**Also, these were simple ads, not "book of the day" spots.  My wife's Fantasy book did well as the $.99 deal when it was featured.**

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
That is exactly what I was wondering. I have a YA Fantasy and I would love to know if anyone with Ya Fantasy has done well with ENT?

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I'm definitely going to put my name in the hat, but I'm not sure what book I'm going to put in. While I do have a genre romance, it was listed on ENT for a freebie day back in July and gave away 15K copies. I don't know if that would muck up my chances to sell well.

I have to decide tonight! EEEEK!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I subscribed a while back but didn't get the email.  I checked the promo page but the submission form isn't there.  Have they opened up submissions?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Isn't this the promo were sign-ups go really really fast? I remember multiple authors mention that they signed up in early 2012 for promos that weren't until September or October. Did the email say when/where to submit? And how much does it cost?

Update - info is on the website.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
I've done a ENT Bargain Books promo for a YA mystery and I thought it did well, but not as well as many other people seem to sell when they do the same promo. And the nice thing about the Bargain Books promo is that you only pay on the basis of what you actually sell as opposed to a set upfront fee, so I think i'm going to stick with that -- less risk.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I had a BOTD for my YA fantasy "Memory's Wake" in November. I was really happy with how it did, but I also had a Book Bub ad going on the same day as well, and between the two of them I think I did LESS sales overall than the more popular genres do. In fact, I also watched the rankings of the ENT Bargain Book of the Day on the same day, which was a thriller, and it looked like it sold about a gajillion more books than mine. But it was still awesome and got me into Amazon top 20 lists and made me all glowy from obsessively checking my sales and rankings. You can read all about it here- http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,133567.0.html

I have to wake up at 4:30am Aussie time to sign up again for BOTD, but I think I'm going to try anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts