Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have already had your ENT BOTD, did you do anything else to support that promo?

I am wondering if it is a good idea to do some other supplementary promos simultaneously to give yourself a better shot at a post-sales bounce?

Obviously, if you are trying to track the sales specifically from the BOTD promo, that will skew those results, but are there any other downsides?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
TexasGirl said:
SUPERBUMP is to have ENT and Bookbub within 48 hours.
definitely - I was lucky enough to have an ENT bargain day two days after a BookBub ad, and it gave my Apocalypto series a really really nice bump.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Didn't figure I had to be in the blocks to get an Oct/Nov spot. Scratch ENT from holiday adverts 2013. Reminder for January 1, 2014 now activated.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Near as I can tell from my BoTD thread that's around here somewhere, they have booked through the end of June. Still half a year to go!

Hoping I get in, but Greg is only open a few days a year for submissions.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm with you, Texas Girl. . . ya gotta have hope, right? 

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
We don't know if we got one unless he emails us, or until the year is booked and we never got a notice.

He gets many many times the number of requests that he has slots.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tbert204 said:
Sounds like you can't book a date, just maybe sometime during 2013 if you're lucky.
That's correct. He opens it up for submissions once per year, gets way more books than dates, then picks and chooses what he wants to run and assigns you a date. It's very popular because it is one of the few paid promotions that consistently out-performs its cost.

There's an email list you can sign up for and he gives a heads-up as to when he will be accepting BOTD submissions again.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
TexasGirl said:
SUPERBUMP is to have ENT and Bookbub within 48 hours.
For sure! I couldn't manage that but would have loved to!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts