Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose everyone has received THE email.  ;)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
ENT is open for book of the day tomorrow
At 2 EST. They only have 240 slots and 1k writers who want to sub.
THERE. HOPE NO IS MAD AT ME OR SAYING SO:)

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Hmm, thanks so much trublue! I didn't get the email. Can you post the link to the submissions page or message it if you'd prefer?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I'm still not sure if it helps YA Fantasy...
Anyone?

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
trublue said:
Everyone should get the chance to try and make the cut.
I'm a karma girl:)
http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=ORfBE&m=3dl95ypMGfHvPWe&b=AFt0GMC3ouQK.rtXWW8hHw
I agree which is why I posted. I didn't mean to be mysterious since I assumed everyone was on their mailing list. ;)

It's going to be interesting to see who gets them. I thought about not going for it since my genres aren't all that great at ENT, but ... yeah, I'll sign up to try.

They open once a year and I think everyone should have a shot at it. They're darn reasonably priced considering.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wansit said:
Thx! I'd wish they'd put the sign-up info on that page. JRTomlin, it sounds like first come, first served but some of their wording refers to a review of submissions? So, is there quality control then?
As far as quality control, they require at least 7 reviews and a 3.5 star average. It was first come first served last year, but Greg says it won't be this year from this:

Unlike last year, we are not scheduling on a first come, first served basis. Books will be chosen based on criteria such as:
- Did you get a spot last year? If not, you will have priority over those that did but it does not guarantee a spot for this year.
- The cover art. Books with better covers, all other factors being equal, will get chosen over those with poor quality covers. Better covers sell more books.
- Books with higher ratings may get preference over those with lower ratings.
- Price of the book. A $2.99 book will probably get chosen over a $5.99 book but there can be exceptions to this so if you have a $5.99 book, please submit it anyway.
Bolding is mine.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
JRTomlin said:
As far as quality control, they require at least 7 reviews and a 3.5 star average. It was first come first served last year, but Greg says it won't be this year from this:

Bolding is mine.
So even if you get a spot in November 2013 you can't use BOTD for a book that isn't out yet with at least 7 reviews. :( That's good to know.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yeah, I think I'm going to try. Now, where am I going to get the 150?
Lol, I will have to pick a corner.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quiss said:
If they're not scheduling on first-come basis, why open this so precisely at 2pm EST?
It'll be a stampede!
I think people just like to know when. I just take it as a courtesy. That way it's mid-day for all the US and not all that unreasonable in the UK and I wouldn't expect it to stay open long, but they'll have more than they can accept within minutes.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sorry to post twice but can I put a free book in Book of the day?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Laura Rae Amos said:
I don't have enough reviews yet, but good luck everyone! How often do they open up for submissions?
Once a year. I could be wrong but they are almost always closed.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts