Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How exciting to discover Kindle Boards! The world of Kindle is a new one for me as a book author. All three of my "Passenger to Paradise" novels are now Kindle books. These books all feature exotic destinations and each has a paranormal feature, including ghosts and reincarnation. The third one of these novels, Secrets by the Sea is a mystery/suspense, set on the beautiful Caribbean island of Antigua. Because of the mysterious old mansion, Edgewater Manor, which seems like one of the characters, I consider this a Gothic novel. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

All the best,
Monti
Mary Montague Sikes

http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Sea-Passenger-Paradise-ebook/dp/B001C7SU2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238859431&sr=1-1

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Welcome aboard, Monti! Are your books related, other than by theme (such as with related characters), or can they be read in any order? The theme sounds intriguing, I'll have to check 'em out.

Here's a KB link to the one you mentioned (this is a KB affiliate link with image, helps get a little $$ back to the owner to keep the forums running :)):

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No related characters, so far. I'm thinking about them for the future.

Monti

·
Super Moderator
67,326 Posts
Looks good Monti. . .just bought it. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
Looks good Monti. . .just bought it. . . .

Ann

Wonderful! Hope you enjoy it. Please let me know.
Monti

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steph H said:
Welcome aboard, Monti! Are your books related, other than by theme (such as with related characters), or can they be read in any order? The theme sounds intriguing, I'll have to check 'em out.

Here's a KB link to the one you mentioned (this is a KB affiliate link with image, helps get a little $$ back to the owner to keep the forums running :)):

Hi,

Where's the best place to put the KB link? Sounds like a good thing to do!

Thanks,
Monti

·
Super Moderator
67,326 Posts
Monti, use the 'link maker' link at either the top or bottom of the board. . . .it's pretty self explanatory.  Just copy the link url code into your post.  You can also put a link in your signature. . . . .have to do that through your profile.

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Monti, use the 'link maker' link at either the top or bottom of the board. . . .it's pretty self explanatory. Just copy the link url code into your post. You can also put a link in your signature. . . . .have to do that through your profile.

Ann
Or, alternatively, some people use the cover of their books as their avatar.

L

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leslie said:
Or, alternatively, some people use the cover of their books as their avatar.

L
Thanks for the help, Ann and Leslie! I added it to my signature. I have two other Kindle books. Can I put all of them in my signature? Or use them all as my avatar? Is that a good idea?

Monti

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Monti said:
Thanks for the help, Ann and Leslie! I added it to my signature. I have two other Kindle books. Can I put all of them in my signature? Or use them all as my avatar? Is that a good idea?

Monti
While it's nice to see you in your avatar, it may be good to change it up now and then with a book cover of yours. I have signatures turned off so I can scroll through posts quicker. So I'd never see those signatures that say "Chynared is a nubar!" :p

·
Super Moderator
67,326 Posts
Jeff Hepple's avatar switches between his three book covers. . . .I don't know how he does it.

You can put more than one in your sig, just leave a space between each block of code and they'll line up next to each other.

Ann

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Jeff Hepple's avatar switches between his three book covers. . . .I don't know how he does it.
I'm sure it's an animated gif..... If anyone would like one for their book covers, I can make them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
chynared21 said:
While it's nice to see you in your avatar, it may be good to change it up now and then with a book cover of yours. I have signatures turned off so I can scroll through posts quicker. So I'd never see those signatures that say "Chynared is a nubar!" :p
I just tried doing that. My photo is gone but the book is not there. I must have done something wrong!
Monti

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pomlover2586 said:
Thank you!

I appreciate the help and interest. The animated cover changes are great, thanks to Verena!

Monti

1 - 17 of 17 Posts