Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great way to finish off our week in Disney! We saw the Epcot show IllumiNations tonite. What an incredible show! The fireworks were incredible, the sentiment of the show was perfect, the laser lights added a neat touch...but the thing that got me the most? They sang Let There Be Peace On Earth at the end! That is one of my favorite songs from way back. (And they kept the original lyrics! YAAY!) That song has always made me cry, and this time was no different! Of course, ask Mike and the boys and they'll tell you I cry at everything, so this isn't a big deal. LOL

Anyway....sigh....Disney sure does know how to do it right, don't they! This has been a perfect week. We will still be here tomorrow, but had planned on heading to the Kennedy Space Center tomorrow if the weather isn't too bad. If it's too bad to drive that distance, then we'll just hang around here, check out Downtown Disney and get ready to head out Friday morning.

I LOVE Disney! When can we come back??? :D

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I love Disney too... My husband and I go for our anniversary every two years..... When we go in Oct 2009, it will be our tenth anniversary. I'm going to make dinner reservations for Victoria and Albert's, we've never been there....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to be able to eat at every restaurant in the World Showcase at some point! That would be so fun, and yummy, I'm sure! :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
We went our first time to Disneyworld with McDonald's paying.  Won a trip and it was great.  Went back in 2000 and my mom came down.  Went to Disneyland in 2007 and plans for 2009.  I am just an old kid.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm going to Disney for my third time (1975 &  2003) on December 28th. We'll be there for a week and I'm looking for just those types of recommendations.

My parents (who bought me my Kindle!) are flying their children (3) and our spouses (2) and our children (4) to Orlando for 5 days. Last time we only went to Disney parks; this time we're looking to branch out.

Thanks for giving me an excuse to post this Jan; We'll make sure to check out the light show!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you can, be sure to check out Fantasmic, the night show at Hollywood Studios. It was fantastic, too! It made me want to watch all of the Disney movies again! :)

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
We love Epcot. It's probably our favorite. We especially love to eat (and drink) around the world showcase. We get one meal and share it between the 6 of us. Fish and Chips in England, Pasteries in France, Churros in Mexico, Eggrolls... you get the idea. That way we get to sample the foods without filling up too much (although by the time we get to Mexico from England we're pretty stuffed)

Ok, I lied. I don't really share the pasteries in France (or Norway for that matter). Those aren't shareable. I also don't share the Grand Marnier slushies there. France is my favorite. Did I mention the Slushies? Slurpees for adults.

I could spend a week just at Epcot and be perfectly happy. I'd gain 50 pounds, but be very happy.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
That is our favorite at Epcot, eating and drinkng around the world showcase. Look forward to going back in 2009. I get hungry just thinking about it!   ;) My hubby made a big pot of beef stew & a pan of cornbread. Ummmm

Linda

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
We were there in June and I agree the Epcot show is spectacular.  My favorite in Epcot is Mexico with the purple skyline and the view of the mountains.  The parade of lights in Magic Kingdom is gorgeous as well.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
luvmy4brats said:
We love Epcot. It's probably our favorite. We especially love to eat (and drink) around the world showcase. We get one meal and share it between the 6 of us. Fish and Chips in England, Pasteries in France, Churros in Mexico, Eggrolls... you get the idea. That way we get to sample the foods without filling up too much (although by the time we get to Mexico from England we're pretty stuffed)

Ok, I lied. I don't really share the pasteries in France (or Norway for that matter). Those aren't shareable. I also don't share the Grand Marnier slushies there. France is my favorite. Did I mention the Slushies? Slurpees for adults.
Oh, I like that idea! We need to tack another day on to our trip so we can go back and do that! And Grand Marnier slushies! Who woulda thunk it! Yep, time to go back! :D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Scrappy,
When you get ready to go back, take me with you!!!!!  We went at Halloween/Early November.  I'm not positive I can wait a year to go back.  I'm seeing a guy who lives and works there that says I really, really, no kidding, can come back any time.  Really.  He swears.  lol, he has no idea how quickly I could wear out my welcome.  He says he'll even get reservations at Le Cellier, and he knows that the cream cheese mashed potatoes there are my one complete weak spot.  

Well, that, and shopping around the world.

and, to be fair, he's really hot.  But I digress.

~robin

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL Robin. Sounds like you have several really important reasons for going back sooner rather than later! Dating a guy who works at  Disney! Doesn't get much better than that! ;)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Did I mention he's hot?  And my mom thinks he's the root of all evil.  It's perfect!

~robin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts