Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i converted my book through calibre.it all looks fine for amazon but I wanted to publish through draft to digital as well.when I try to upload through to it it comes up invalid with lots of errors.can anybody help me fix this issue please.thank you

·
Registered
388 Posts
I found that I had to go through and make a lot of manual changes before D2D stopped giving me errors. They aren't usually as worrying as they first look (plus a lot can be fixed at once with one search/replace). I'm sure ^ someone who actually does book formatting can help best, but if you post the errors, people will be able to help.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Likely you are using stuff in your base file which will not convert or convert badly.
As with any ebook, one needs to understand it is not a pdf where you can design how it looks. You need a base file which is optimized for flow and for display on ereaders. Meaning no extra fonts without hassle, no fancy formatting word may provide you etc.

Use their checker
https://draft2digital.com/book/epubcheck/upload
and see what it spits out. Again usually you can fix many of the mistakes by removing the root problems, so even if you have tons of errors in a file that is not a problem.

·
Registered
287 Posts
At D2D you can just upload a .doc file and they will make their own epub from it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I make  the d2d epub  for Amazon and  Smashwords. I change backmatter/link page for the different platforms. Works every time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts