Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
I downloaded a sample of this. The price is wonderful compared to the paper edition -- $9.99 for Kindle and anywhere from $40 up for paper edition. I already have the Nelson Study Bible (NKJV) so I had something to compare it with. The ESV Study Bible is very, very similar to the Nelson. It is a LOT of work using the Kindle version of the study Bible. If anyone has the Nelson Study Bible or something similar, you know that for a lot of pages, only one third of the page is actually scripture. The lower 2/3 of the page is footnotes and occasionally a map or chart.

With the Kindle edition, where there is a footnote there is a symbol that you can click on. I have the K1 so I bring the scroll wheel up to that line and then click and then on from there. With the DTB all I do is glance down at the footnote. Much easier. And with the Study Bible there are a LOT of footnotes. So this would become tedious for me.

I have the K1 and I wasn't impressed with the maps and the charts. There was even one chart that they had a link to see it better on Amazon.

My feeling is for serious study the DTB is the one for me. But with that being said, at just $9.99 I think I'll be getting it to have on my Kindle. When I'm out and about with my precious Abigail in my purse and I'm doing my OYB reading, I may want to research something on the fly. This will be great for that purpose. But when I'm here at home, I'll definitely grab my Nelson Study Bible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts