Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...you save the day's writing on your laptop, save it again on your USB stick, trust neither, email it to yourself, then email it to your other account, then decide to chisel every word on those Flintstones-style stone tablets as extra back-up, but quickly give up because you couldn't find any stone tablets in 2011...all because if you EVER lost today's inspired words, You. Would. %#@!ing. Scream.

I love writing.

;D

(I suppose I should always save it in multiple places, but when I know I've had a day of writing crap, I almost hope it will go away :p ...)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cidneyswanson said:
Romi, that sounds like a great day writing--good for you, girl. Bummer about the lack of stone tablets, though. Did you try Amazon?
They were sold out, but the "customers who bought this item also bought" section showed cans of spray paint paired with sections of "adopt a highway" overpasses, as well as rolls of papyrus sold with ancient reed pens, both of which are great plan B's ;)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
When I have those kinds of days I put in a call to Hire-An-Illuminating-Monk and have them hand scribe my great thoughts with copious illustrations of birds, biblical characters, and the odd French postcard illustration in the margins. Turnaround time? Only five years!

·
Registered
577 Posts
If I get past the 25% mark of my intended number of words then I start getting anxious about losing my work. When I get that far I know the odds are that I will probably finish the book and it won't go to my "Someday list."

I even email it to my Kindle.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Asher, I SEE your illuminating-monk, and RAISE you one Star Wars Princess Leia hologram, who will be programmed with my word count, so she can read it back to me on command.

@JRainey Hey...you're applying my "trust no one" dating strategy to your writing? Cool! :p

@Bakari That is intense and impressive! I bow :)

Right then, it's technically bedtime but another writing session begins! Gotta say, if I had half as much passion for husband-hunting as I do for writing, the show would be called "Brother Husbands" NOT "Sister Wives", starring yours truly :p

·
Registered
685 Posts
Romi said:
They were sold out, but the "customers who bought this item also bought" section showed cans of spray paint paired with sections of "adopt a highway" overpasses, as well as rolls of papyrus sold with ancient reed pens, both of which are great plan B's ;)
;D
*dashes over to amazon dot com to buy them with Prime shipping*

·
Registered
586 Posts
Romi said:
No mention of the cloud then?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yay, congrats--don't you love it when the muses actually show up for work?  ;)  My husband has our computers set up so that my book file automatically backs up onto his computer every 30 minutes or so, that way even if my computer goes down in flames, there'll still be a copy and at worst I'll have only lost half an hour's worth of work.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Anna: your husband is basically a genius! ;D

@Alan: let's all take a 5-minute break to %#@!ing. Scream. I actually need to right now since I'm currently in the middle of a $%#! storm at work (don't ask me why I'm chillin' on a message board during said storm :p ..)

@Shea: does the penguin USB have a face? I wonder if it knew that its life would be defined by repeated insertion/removal from a laptop orifice... :-\

1 - 15 of 15 Posts