Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had a problem with my K2 but recently noticed sometimes that a small group of words appear much lighter than my text which I feel is dark enough for me.  It does not happen with all books I purchase.  Could this be a formatting issue rather than a defect?  Thanks for any input.

I should also add this is not a sun fading issue as it happens indoors.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I ran into that problem mostly on my K1 when reading a converted PDF. It's usually caused by a font (like a header) that has a color other than black. It's like sometimes the Kindle doesn't recognize where the coding which defines the color ends, so it gets extended to the text below. Really annoying sometimes.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Well, at least it's not on all books. Have you noticed to see if this is happening on free downloads as compared the ones you purchased?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I would agree that it is something in the formatting

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kind said:
Well, at least it's not on all books. Have you noticed to see if this is happening on free downloads as compared the ones you purchased?
Actually, I've not had the problem in free books.......just ones I buy. I am reading Inside Out right now and I paid $5.oo and change for that. Prior to that book I paid $9.99 for a true crime story and it happened a lot.

·
Registered
874 Posts
That's interesting.  I have a K1 (still debating if I want to upgrade to a K2), and notice that on some book samples the font is a lot bigger than what I usually read.  I have mine set at 2 but the formatting comes out to 4 or so.

Tris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.