Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would be cool if every time a recommendation sold a book that we had a running count to see how many books we've sold one another -- and then we demand to be put on the Amazon payroll.  :D

(Same with Kindles sold, but I think it would be harder to know if people followed through.)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I don't know about the payroll, but it would be fun to see what sort of an impact we have. I know for many of the smaller, indie-type books that get mentioned here, authors measure sales in the tens, not thousands, and I am sure we are making a difference for them.

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I don't understand the criteria for some publishers or editors, but some of the indie writers here are absolutely terrific and I definitely try to strongly recommend their writings.  If I am responsible for at least one other person reading Distant Cousin, Barracuda, In Her Name, Gone for a Soldier, etc. etc. I am ecstatic.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I can personally vouch for the power of this board. A member's mention of book (it's an indie) shot my Kindle sales through the roof. Downloads of the free copy skyrocketed, too, which is just as important to me.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Heaven knows, we have a serious impact on the sales for DecalGirl & Oberon.   :D 

I'd bet certain books, especially the bargain ones, tend to get a definite boost from being posted here.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
And Vera Bradley, and Borsa Bella. 
And I can say that I have either bought or sampled just about every author who has talked about their book on the Boards.  And I personally take recommendations from Board members very seriously. 

·
Registered
856 Posts
rjkeller said:
I can personally vouch for the power of this board. A member's mention of book (it's an indie) shot my Kindle sales through the roof. Downloads of the free copy skyrocketed, too, which is just as important to me.
I can honestly say a fellow member lead me to your book. I could not put it down. I am looking forward to your next book.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Well, I can tell you that the friendliness and helpfulness of the members of KindleBoards are what prompted me to join in, and their enthusiasm was what motivated me to get my own K2 (which is a joy)...and later a cover and a skin and a mini-light...thanks, B-Kay!

As for making a mint, well, I haven't, quite. It's a bargain book, after all.

But if you find yourself in south Texas sometime, stop by! I'll take you out for a TexMex dinner!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Personally, I've bought several books that I've read about on the board.

Maybe the site owner can pipe up? The little book links we click on and buy from are referral links, so he may know exactly how many have bought books after seeing them here. And, because of that, the site /kind of/ is on Amazon's payroll.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
GeorgeGlass said:
And, because of that, the site /kind of/ is on Amazon's payroll.
Not anymore.... Amazon cut off the referral payments for Kindle books.... The board only gets a small percentage of non-ebook sales through our links now....

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Amazon cut off the referral payments for Kindle books....
Seriously? That sucks donkey hoohas.

What about Kindles themselves? If I click on a link and buy one, will the board get a cut? Because I'll totally do that when I get one for the Spouse Thingy in a week or so, if the board will get something for it.

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
It's still good to get to amazon through a KindleBoards link.  Though they apparently aren't giving the commission on Kindle books, the boards still get commission on anything else bought at Amazon if reached through the boards.  As far as I know that includes Kindles.

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Thumper said:
Seriously? That sucks donkey hoohas.

What about Kindles themselves? If I click on a link and buy one, will the board get a cut? Because I'll totally do that when I get one for the Spouse Thingy in a week or so, if the board will get something for it.
I believe that commission still applies, yes. It is only the Kindle books that were deleted from the program.

L

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Oh? When did that happen? I don't remember hearing about that, what with the link-maker and all....  That sucks.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Steph H said:
Oh? When did that happen? I don't remember hearing about that, what with the link-maker and all.... That sucks.
Harvey just told us (mods) a few days ago. Apparently the change was made quietly sometime in the past few weeks.

L

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
We just have to make sure that any Amazon purchases besides books go through KBs Amazon link. The board still gets credit for those.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I always make sure to use KB to get to Amazon. That way if I do buy something KB will get the credit. Do gift cards count?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts