Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Makes sense to me.  I probably wrote "Gone With The Wind".

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Erica, can't hurt to get credit for that one.  :D 

Best, Joan

·
Registered
4 Posts
After putting "Ill Wind" on the Kindle list, I called up my name and title and discovered I'd written a book about a WWII sub called the Batfish! Turns out I have an evil (or perhaps that's me!) twin who was in the Navy for a while and wrote about it.  ;D

·
Registered
586 Posts
Sandra Edwards said:
Ooh, can I claim Catcher in the Rye? ;)
No, that's the book I wrote according to the I write like site, and I only wrote the one before I died. Wanna buy a second hand toilet seat?

http://iwl.me/

·
Registered
977 Posts
On the flip side, a random Google alert took me to a site that had my book (An Unexpected Obsession) with NORA ROBERTS credited as the author. She probably wouldn't appreciate it, but I enjoyed it very much ;D. Luckily it had the cover right there with my name on it, so anyone who really cared to look could see that I wrote it.

In this instance, I'll take Twilight, but only if I get the $$$ that goes along with it ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is why it is so important to check places like Goodreads and Shelfari even if you don't want to be bogged down by yet another site.  I had two books credited to my name on Goodreads that I definitely didn't write.  One was a childrens book and the other was a non-fiction how to type book (I definitely wouldn't have touched that book!)  lol

At least you had a cool case of mistaken identity! ;)

·
Registered
586 Posts
swolf said:
Sometimes when I go through my list of half-written unfinished stories, I think, did I write this?
Me too. and sometimes I'm convinced it's far too good to be something I have written. Odd!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yeah.  In a trance I  wrote this book, something about killing a mockingbird.  I left the manuscript on a park bench to go in and use the restroom and when I came out...  Well, you know the rest of the story.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts