Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
YEP! I agree... thing is, it is hard to make $ on paperbacks now, because of the low-cost of Kindle. But I can't read my Kindle in the tub!  ;) ;) My favorite place to read! If I drop it in it's GONE! if my book gets a little wet... well, my husband knows that I am enjoying my BOOKS he buys for me. ;D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Meredith Sinclair said:
YEP! I agree... thing is, it is hard to make $ on paperbacks now, because of the low-cost of Kindle. But I can't read my Kindle in the tub! ;) ;) My favorite place to read! If I drop it in it's GONE! if my book gets a little wet... well, my husband knows that I am enjoying my BOOKS he buys for me. ;D
Get the Trendy Digital waterproof case. Great for the tub.

I agree, if possible books should be available in both forms. There are a lot more readers out there that don't have a Kindle. Thomas, your book looks great. :)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Kathy said:
Get the Trendy Digital waterproof case. Great for the tub.

I agree, if possible books should be available in both forms. There are a lot more readers out there that don't have a Kindle. Thomas, your book looks great. :)
&, & where might I find said waterproof case? PM me if this is not allowed advertisement or whatever.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I definitely agree.  It's so inexpensive to put out a print version with print on demand, unlike the vanity publishers of 20 years ago. 

Not everyone can afford a Kindle and people will be reading print books for a long time to come. 

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
After putting Baling only on Kindle, I'm very close to having the print version ready to go, and I am quite excited to see how it goes!
There is alot to learn, going the Print On Demand way, but it is so inexpensive now, it seems like you have to give it a go.  If I were a traditional publisher, I'd be afraid, very afraid....  I'm sure they will learn to adapt though....

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Carol Hanrahan said:
After putting Baling only on Kindle, I'm very close to having the print version ready to go, and I am quite excited to see how it goes!
Good for you. Has your proof copy arrived, yet?

There is alot to learn, going the Print On Demand way, but it is so inexpensive now, it seems like you have to give it a go. If I were a traditional publisher, I'd be afraid, very afraid.... I'm sure they will learn to adapt though....
It's a minefield. I missed a step, and finding my way back in to correct it took two days. (sigh)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
Good for you. Has your proof copy arrived, yet?

It's a minefield. I missed a step, and finding my way back in to correct it took two days. (sigh)
I hope to order my 2nd proof copy in a day or two. Keeping my fingers crossed this one is perfect.
I know it is a minefield - you have to do all the work yourself up front, and have a great deal of patience and fortitude. But it is a great opportunity to see your book in print!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Kindle would do well, I think, to have a POD option that allowed for the printing of reasonably-priced paperbacks. I stress 'reasonably.' The cost of most POD books is exorbitant.

The future, though, is digital. In ten years' time, tree-based books will be rarities.

CK
Kindled, yes, but papered too

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I agree.  In ten years I think most books will be electronic.  And our Kindles will be soooooo outdated - well, the ones we have now....
I wonder what a Kindle will look like ten years from now?  Certainly color screens and graphics, maybe some 3-d?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Carol Hanrahan said:
I wonder what a Kindle will look like ten years from now? Certainly color screens and graphics, maybe some 3-d?
I'm positive that the Kindle will go full color within a couple of years, and include a lot of other bells and whistles.

As for three dimensions, I just want the words I read to lie flat and behave themselves...for now. :p

CK

·
Registered
21 Posts
Since, it is normally more cost effective to publish an ebook before publishing a paperback it may make more sense to publish an electronic version first and if you have a tremendous amount of success publish a paperback. "THINK, PLAN, EXECUTE!"™

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
I just finished the CreateSpace version months after the Kindle version. For the next book, it will be more efficient to do the CS first, extract the Kindle cover from the CS cover, remove a few page breaks from the Word CS book source file, and use that as the Kindle file.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts