Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Brenda M. said:
Ye,s thank you for pointing us to that. What a wonderful, heartwarming read. I'd love for him to join us here.
That is a great idea Brenda, maybe Leslie can go over and spread a little spam. :) I think he would enjoy it here and make many new friends.

Leslie, go over and do your thing...

Linda

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
That is a great idea Brenda, maybe Leslie can go over and spread a little spam. :) I think he would enjoy it here and make many new friends.

Leslie, go over and do your thing...

Linda
Done! If anyone else wants to chime in, feel free.

L

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm just going to have to post.

Thankfully I am not as disabled as him. BUT Hardback DTBs do cause a strain holding them and my hands DO tend to spasm so sometimes i accidently drop a book on my foot OUCH! The Kindle IS a god send for us disabled people. With the Kindle I can read for hours without tiring, and no more dropping books on my foot!

G

·
I thought about emailing his story to CNN but I couldn't figure out how to do it.  It's an amazing story and others like him could benifit so much if they knew about Kindles.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
chobitz said:
I'm just going to have to post.

Thankfully I am not as disabled as him. BUT Hardback DTBs do cause a strain holding them and my hands DO tend to spasm so sometimes i accidently drop a book on my foot OUCH! The Kindle IS a god send for us disabled people. With the Kindle I can read for hours without tiring, and no more dropping books on my foot!
I am happy for you Chobitz.

I also have a disability, the part of my body affected does not require a wheel chair and I am blessed that I can work. The Kindle has certainly increaed the amount of time I can read and decreased the pain from holding a DTB and position required to read a DTB.

Linda

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Great timing on this article. The FedEx guy and I have been discussing my kindle off and on since it arrived in November. He stops by our office quite a lot. (with packages not to see me. Alas he's married  :( - but i digress)

Anyhoo just yesterday he was asking if I thought a quadriplegic could use the kindle. I told him I though they could since it lays flat or can be leaned up against something. He told me his mother has been a quadriplegic for the last couple of years and doesn't like to watch TV and misses reading books but she can use a pencil to turn pages of magazines. I said that I thought then she would be able to turn pages of the kindle and if someone was there to wake it up for her or use the wispernet for her it would be perfect.

I've copied this article to give to him next time he drops off packages. I just hate the thought of her sitting there not being able to do much, I know I would just cry if I couldn't at least read.

Thanks again,

Theresam

·
Registered
736 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Everyone!  Follow Leslie's lead and invite him here - I did!  Let him know there are a whole big bunch of warm-hearteed folks here, and who knows, if enough do it maybe Jeff will see this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts