Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,794 Posts
It could be done, certain passages could trigger a song. You could have it loop until they reached the next change, which could get annoying, or just fade as it comes to an end and pick up again when you hit the next track. That would be very cool. It could be an optional additional purchase, sound track for a couple extra bucks. I have a few books I would do that for. Especially the Kitty Norville books which the author actually has a playlist for at the beginning of the book.

· Registered
1,794 Posts
It could be an addition you could buy with the book. Of course, there would be copywrite issues, but that would be easy for Amazon! Then the authors could pick their own music.
Someone needs to pitch this whole idea.

· Registered
1,794 Posts
Ignatius said:
If done right, a looping soundtrack shouldn't get annoying (though, of course, as with everything, depends on the person). I'm thinking of video games in general, but the Myst series in particular. The soundtrack for the game is short two-minute or so pieces that loop as you're in different areas, and as anyone who's played the games knows, you spend a hell of a lot more time than two minutes in each area. I love the music for these games and listen to a playlist of all the soundtracks on random all the time as I'm working. Perfect "in the zone" music, which is where I guess they were trying to get you while playing the game, too.
I agree! I was thinking more of the suspense passages when the music is designed to highten the tension, or of when the authors music clashes with your tastes, but you still want it in the background. I figure it could be a choice anyway, for the music to loop or finish and stop. Plus, if you are a really slow reader, you might be listening to the same piece for a long time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.