Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Jeff said:
I don't know whether to be embarrassed about that theme song or not. The music one imagines with a story, as well as the appearance of the characters, is pretty much the creation of the reader, and a matter of individual taste, or at least so it seems to me. That particular bit of music just struck me as resonating with the story somehow--I can't even say how. Someone else might well be puzzled by it, and another person might have entirely different music in mind. And all would be appropriate to that reader. I might should have kept it to myself....

· Registered
1,660 Posts
That's very good to know, and thank you for the feedback. Thanks also to Anju, who did me far too much honor by guessing that I composed it. I did not (alas). It's by Johann Kapsberger (1580-1651), from a collection of pieces for the lute and the chitarrone. It's called "Canario," and this version is played on a theorbo, a sort of bass lute.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.