Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I think Trixie is going to be a busy young lady, what with all the downloading. Looks like seventy-something, including freebies and free chapters.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe 20 or so freebies, 15 or so chapters, 10 or so cheapie short stories...

Yeah, I still overspent.  :p

·
Registered
377 Posts
I haven't bought any books yet, but I do have about ten free chapters and two free books waiting for my K2.

G

·
Not sure what the limit is outside of available memory but to be on the safe side, plug in your Kindle before turning Whispernet on.  If the charge is low or your WN signal weak, you could lock up your Kindle.

You do have a lot to DL and sort.  That takes power.  Kindles will work just fine plugged in.  I do feel a slightly longer cord for the K1 would have been nice.

Not sure if this applies to the K2 but, my K1 is bad for that.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I thought I was bad with a dozen pending DL for my incoming kindle, but now I can see that I'm perfectly sane compared to you. ;)

(just teasing: please don't whack me with the stick)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Gruntman said:
I thought I was bad with a dozen pending DL for my incoming kindle, but now I can see that I'm perfectly sane compared to you. ;)
Seriously? You think you're sane? Seriously? Okay...LOL

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
(just teasing: please don't whack me with the stick)
Do we need to make the LTK forum a stick-free forum too? You might want to contact Betsy. She's good at enforcing no-stick policies. ;D

You're not crazy. Just enthusiastic. What kind of stuff are you (preparing to) read, Michelle? And is your kindle called Trixie b/c of Trixie Belden?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
robin.goodfellow said:
Do we need to make the LTK forum a stick-free forum too? You might want to contact Betsy. She's good at enforcing no-stick policies. ;D

You're not crazy. Just enthusiastic. What kind of stuff are you (preparing to) read, Michelle? And is your kindle called Trixie b/c of Trixie Belden?
Trixie Lovejoy, because it's her name. I'm one of 5 people who never read the Trixie Belden books. I would get them, but you know -- I have seventy something books in my queue. :D

I think I have most genres covered, with a strong focus on horror, spicy romance, and historical fiction. I know I've gone a little overboard, but the beauty of this for me is to always have whatever I'm in the mood for at my fingertips, and I'm quite likely to have a book going in several different categories.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have 40 books in my queue. 27 freebies and 3 I paid for (One Year Bible, UR and Leslies' FAQ). I got most of the Harlequins, Charlie Houston, a few domain books Treasure Island, Robin Hood.  I figure that should keep me busy for a bit.

I downloaded Mobi Pocket Creator gotta figure out how it works  ??? I am not techno savvy but I did get it to download and now Ijust need to figure out how to get a ebook into Kindle format.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I think I have most genres covered, with a strong focus on horror, spicy romance, and historical fiction. I know I've gone a little overboard, but the beauty of this for me is to always have whatever I'm in the mood for at my fingertips, and I'm quite likely to have a book going in several different categories.
We totally understand here. You might want to stop by the book klub forum. Right now, we've got Dragonfly in Amber (time-traveling historical fiction), Living Dead in Dallas (vampire spicy fiction), and In Her Name (fantasy) going on. We'd love to have you join any or all three of them.
lol, I have also not read the Trixie Belden books, but a friend of mine went to hideous lengths to retrieve hers from her mother's house recently. It seemed odd to see the name twice in under a month. But let us know if they're available on Kindle. ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Vampyre said:
I do feel a slightly longer cord for the K1 would have been nice.

Not sure if this applies to the K2 but, my K1 is bad for that.
You know... I guess with K2 you could just go out and buy another mini usb cable that was longer... Hadn't thought of that....

Chris

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd considered doing Dragonfly in Amber -- it would be a re-read, but I know everybody is fresh off Outlander, and I don't remember that one well enough to jump in.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I've got 9 samples and one free book waiting for me when I get my Kindle.

·
Registered
679 Posts
One of my friends is expecting the kindle 2 soon, and I am putting her on my account. I will then send to her Kindle all of my books (over 80).

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Seventy something?  :eek:  Have fun!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Zero so far only because the kindle is a gift.  BUT I have a bunch of books on my wish list (not 70, but enough to keep me busy for a while).  I may go nuts after I get it registered under my account.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I had 15 books and 10 samples from Amazon when i received my Kindle, but I had 47 on my computer waiting for the day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Huh, guess I'm not so weird after all.  I just 'bought' a free book off of Amazon, but I received a couple of books from authors, so I'm just waiting to get them off of my laptop and onto the Kindle.  I tried reading them off of the computer...I just don't like reading off the computer screen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts