Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that some authors in the Big Six league have a section called Excerpt when you expand the Editorial Review section on their books. I don't see that when I go to KDP. Is this just for traditional books, or is there something I missed on my author page?

I'd like to refrain from using a link to a sample (it's great, but people may not trust links from indies or small pubs as much as they might from a large publishing house). Yes, people can easily click Download Sample, but sometimes, they just may think it's easier to read a excerpt from that editorial review section.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Michelle Muto said:
I noticed that some authors in the Big Six league have a section called Excerpt when you expand the Editorial Review section on their books. I don't see that when I go to KDP. Is this just for traditional books, or is there something I missed on my author page?

I'd like to refrain from using a link to a sample (it's great, but people may not trust links from indies or small pubs as much as they might from a large publishing house). Yes, people can easily click Download Sample, but sometimes, they just may think it's easier to read a excerpt from that editorial review section.

Thoughts?
Just as an aside, there is almost nothing that turns me away faster than seeing a long excerpt posted on the product page. I think it looks silly when there's sampling available. Of course, I'm not big on excerpts in forum posts either. So it could just be me...but for whatever reason it makes me feel as though someone is taking up a nice short space and cluttering it -- when I can get the info elsewhere IF I want it...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Terrence - Here's a link to one. You'll need to click on See All Editorial Reviews, which is exactly what I'd like to happen. As Maria stated, it's a turn-off to have too much glaring at you on the page. Clicking on the link means the reader would like to see more about the book. It's more tasteful that way.

I'd gladly add just the hyperlink that states: Read Sample (the link Harvey posted about earlier), but I'm not sure how readers would react to a hyperlink. As a reader, I love the idea of seeing a few pages of a book without downloading a whole sample that I may not like. For me, it's a convenience thing.

LINK to existing book: http://www.amazon.com/Hex-Hall-Book-One-ebook/dp/B003ODIRMI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts