Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are many of you who have placed orders and are now patiently waiting the arrival day. Please post the date you orderd and expected due date here. We can use this a support thread as you wait.

Linda

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered Nov 17  Delivery Scheduled Dec 8-10

Obsessively checking my amazon account every 15 minutes for the "shipping soon" notice. Please, oh please, get to me by next Tuesday so I have it for my trip. I am so anxious about this, it might as well be a baby coming.

:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
While I am fortunate enough to already have mine, I ordered a second one for a Christmas present for my husband.  So:

Ordered Nov 21
Expected Delivery Dec 17-22

It just might arrive in time!  However, he already knows he's getting it, so if it's a little late that'll be ok.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ordered: Nov. 19
Original Due Date: Dec 12-16
Revised Date: Dec. 12-29 *This item will arrive after Dec. 25*

After seeing some people have order dates around mine and due dates before mine, I will be upset if mine doesn't get here until Christmas

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well that's exciting news Joe. I'm not sure but several members have recently been where you are. Vampyre should know & he will respond. I searched and from what Vamp posted it looks like 3 or 4 days until delivery.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Greetings -- I ordered on Nov. 10 with estimated delivery of 12/1 (Monday) to 12/2.  I received notice that it has been shipped and note that as of 3:30 this morning (11/26) Wednesday, that it is in Jersey City, NJ only 25 miles from me on Long Island.  Yet the delivery date is still estimated for next Monday.  The next stop in the distribution process is only a mile away, and I am sure it will be there today in the afternoon.  Now I know that tomorrow is a holiday, but I would think that they could at least have it on the truck for a Friday delivery.  Go figure! Five days for 20 miles! I would be hesitent to use UPS for any of my personal shipping in the future.  They are not competitive.
\
ZU

·
Registered
118 Posts
Zorrosuncle said:
Greetings -- I ordered on Nov. 10 with estimated delivery of 12/1 (Monday) to 12/2. I received notice that it has been shipped and note that as of 3:30 this morning (11/26) Wednesday, that it is in Jersey City, NJ only 25 miles from me on Long Island. Yet the delivery date is still estimated for next Monday. The next stop in the distribution process is only a mile away, and I am sure it will be there today in the afternoon. Now I know that tomorrow is a holiday, but I would think that they could at least have it on the truck for a Friday delivery. Go figure! Five days for 20 miles! I would be hesitent to use UPS for any of my personal shipping in the future. They are not competitive.
\
ZU
Hello Again -- I made a terrible mistake; it is not UPS, it is USPS. Big differnce! Maybe I will still see it on Friday -- perhaps Saturday.

ZU

G

·
joeperry97 said:
I just noticed that my order says shipping soon instead of not yet shipped. Any idea how long it usually takes them to ship once that happens? I hope I'm not getting excited for nothing.
It can vary from a couple hours to all day. Mine was "Shipping soon" for over 12 hours. It left late but was till here the next day like it was supposed to be.

G

·
One good thing about USPS is they will deliver on Saturday.  As a added bonus I always know my mail gets here at about 3:30 every day.  With UPS, it's a crap shoot at best.  They have arrived anytime between 10:00 AM to 8:00 pm.

G

·
Well unlike your second child, your Kindle will never fail you.  OK just kidding, just a little Kindle humore...please don't hurt me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I got my answer. It was only about 3 hours after noticing that it was shipping soon before it actually shipped. I guess I was all worried for nothing. Not only will I have mine before Christmas, I'll have it earlier than promised. I should have it Friday by 3.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.