Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the more experienced ebook authors on Kboards have any advice on crafting the announcement of a book giveaway in the Book Bazaar?

For instance, are there any particular ways you believe are best about circumscribing the offer? In order to minimize any problems or disappointments on the part of author or readers, I mean.

I'm planning on using Amazon's book gift mechanism for the giveaway, simply to streamline the process and reduce the hassles as much as possible for everyone (so it WILL be costing me).

Basically I'm hoping this will be a short cut to gathering some reviews.

Do you have any idea how many books it might be necessary to give away in order to get a good number of reviews for a title?

I've got considerable experience running a web site, but very little in regards to marketing ebooks. So I'll appreciate whatever wisdom you're willing to impart! Thanks!

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
The real problem with a Book Bazaar giveaway is that it's a very small window. Your thread will slide off the front page fairly quickly. Don't expect too much.

My wording advice is to make sure you change your thread title to include the words "Giveaway" and/or "Free". Have a mechanism for people to send you their email addresses (so they don't have to post them). And, imho, make it a no-strings attached giveaway. Make it clear you'd love reviews, but they are not required.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts