Kindle Forum banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Here's hoping for a Happy New Year to everyone! It's not like it'll have to work very hard to be better than 2020...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
I signed up here in New Mexico to get the COVID vaccine ... eventually. I don't figure I'm particularly high-risk, so I'm fine with being a ways along in what a friend of mine calls the "jab queue", but I do put getting vaccinated in the "civic duty" category, along with mask-wearing and social distancing. No matter how much I've always hated getting shots. I'm no longer seven years old, so having to be dragged, literally kicking and screaming, to the doctor's office is no longer acceptable behavior.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Though apocalyptic fiction is not a (sub)genre I read recreationally, I will admit (from proofreading more than one lately) that at least it leaves me with a feeling of, "Well, things could be worse." Yes, we're in the middle of a pandemic, but at least it's not a zombie plague. And yes, we're dealing with domestic terrorism, but it isn't an EMP catastrophe or a global nuclear war. :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
When does proofreading morph into copyediting? Basically, when what you're working on is essentially a manuscript (even if it's in e-form) rather than a set of page proofs (ditto). At least, that's been my experience.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
It's been a whole year since my last haircut, and it isn't even quite down to my shoulders yet. Sheesh!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
With the new format, I'm not even sure if my weekly updates are bumping my thread to the top of the queue or not. :(

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
With the new format, I'm not even sure if my weekly updates are bumping my thread to the top of the queue or not. :(
I'll check that out after I post this one. In the meantime, wow! Santa Fe got what looks like almost a foot of snow last night! I'm very thankful that I got my grocery shopping done yesterday.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Yes, it does appear that posting in this thread bumps it to the top of the queue, as before. Good to know.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Got my taxes done this past Saturday. Despite being self-employed, I'm getting money back from both the feds and the state this year. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Got my taxes done this past Saturday. Despite being self-employed, I'm getting money back from both the feds and the state this year. :)
And both the refunds have landed in my bank account. I wonder if that means the next stimulus payment will come the same way; the previous two came as paper checks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Happy St. Patrick's Day! 🍀🍀🍀I do have some Irish ancestry, so I'm allowed ... even if a good bit of it is Protestant Irish.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
And I also seem to have gotten an extra tax refund/rebate from the state, which I didn't even know was coming. :unsure:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
It appears that I'll be eligible to get vaccinated against COVID soon, but it still seems to me that there are a lot of people more at risk than I am. So though I do plan to get vaccinated, I'm in no rush!

261 - 276 of 276 Posts