Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten the extended warranty? I am not sure if I should get it or not. I think it is 65.00 which is not to bad.
Please let me know if you think it is worth the money.
Thanks much
Bonnie

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
www.squaretrade.com 3 years ask for accidental (covers mishap damage) insurance. Appx $75 for 3 years with Accidental.

Link: http://tinyurl.com/kindle-warranty

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I never buy extended warranties. They are priced so that on average they will make money for those who are selling them, not save money for the consumer. However, with the amazon warranty (and also squaretrade if you get the extra accidental handling coverage), the wild card is that it does cover accidental damage. So, if you have a history of having to replace electronics due to clumsiness and such, it may be worth it to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. Can they be trusted? Have you ever done business with them?
Thanks
Bonnie

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
temujn: I have about 10 items under warranty with Square Trade. I have had to collect twice over the last 3 years and had a check $$ within days. Never a problem.

I don't normally get "accidental" because I am so careful with my things...however with Kindle I did. I have heard some mishap horror stories; screen cracks, black lines, etc...so I covered my bases. If you call in a regular claim no charge; if accidental $50 for auto replacement no ?? asked.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I went for the extended warranty, and I feel it's worth it. I'm a bit of a klutz, and I would be rather unhappy if I accidentally smashed the thing to bits.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think I'm going to get the squaretrade warranty for my DX. Right now they have a 30% off code: FATHER to bring the cost of the warranty with accidental damage protection down to $62.99.

One thing I'm confused about though: do we put the day we ordered as the purchase date, or the day it's shipped to us?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
The day that you are able to produce a receipt for proof of purchase with the price paid.  You have 30 days from the date of purchase.  I love Square Trade...very reliable.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I purchased the Square trade warranty today with the accident coverage, but the discount is only 20% as the 30% expired last night.  Still a very good deal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
just ordered my kindle 3 hours or so ago, but i am on the fence on the warranty too - the one thing i will mention that may be important for some of you, my American Express card will double the manufacturer warranty - so i will get 2 years, though no accidental damage coverage...HOWEVER, on my card they also offer a basic "insurance" on anything you buy for 90 days....it says within 90 days of purchase if i break it accidentaly, or it is stolen, they will cover it and simply credit my account, assuming i used my credit card to pay for it.

I CAN tell you, i already have a claim going with them, as my wife's cell phone was stolen and was only 6 weeks old - and she didnt have the insurance on it - American Express should be getting back to us within 2 weeks with a credit on our acccount (there is a 300 limit i believe though - but still pretty good considering)....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts