Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Facebook Ads for Non Fiction Amazon Books? Any Success? What is Good Strategy?

I've spent months and months testing facebook ads for amazon books (using a book2read link) since it can be trackable with clicks.
However, I don't think I've had sales so far. Anyone know a good strategy using FACEBOOK ADS for NON FICTION books?

What is your strategy in terms of what types of ads, picking audiences, and any other good lessons that work? Thank you!

·
Registered
128 Posts
For my non-fiction, FB has always done better with building an email list...not selling books. Is it a non-fiction series? You'd probably have a difficult time being successful with a standalone book. I may be wrong, but I think most people successful with FB aren't selling books as much as creating a sales funnel--it's more about long-term than a quick return. Mark Dawson's course is great for learning strategies if you want to get good at it.

For non-fiction especially, I think your money is best spent on AMS. My ACOS for non-fiction is usually around 10% or 12% on AMS.

·
Registered
212 Posts
While we're on the topic, what about Bookbub ads?

Also, in my nonfiction, AMS has worked well. I experimented with FB just a bit, and didn't get much results.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tried bookbub but it seems very limiting and i haven't had results at all. you can't put your own keywords and can only pick unrelated categories (they don't have much). does anyone know a good strategy for bookbub ads? i tried it but haven't seen any significant sales so far.

in terms of ams, 10% acos is amazing. what is your strategy to get those type of results with ams?

·
Registered
343 Posts
scottdouglas said:
For my non-fiction, FB has always done better with building an email list...not selling books. Is it a non-fiction series? You'd probably have a difficult time being successful with a standalone book. I may be wrong, but I think most people successful with FB aren't selling books as much as creating a sales funnel--it's more about long-term than a quick return. Mark Dawson's course is great for learning strategies if you want to get good at it.

For non-fiction especially, I think your money is best spent on AMS. My ACOS for non-fiction is usually around 10% or 12% on AMS.
This. I took Mark Dawson's course to market my firefighting books. Audience building is the same, fiction or non-fiction. Buidling your mailing list works best in my experience. it does act as a sales funnel where I can also sell t-shirts, etc. And marketing standalones, whether fiction or nonfiction, is tough to do with paid advertising

·
Registered
128 Posts
CloudStrife said:
While we're on the topic, what about Bookbub ads?
BookBub ads are difficult to succeed, in my opinion. They work very well with audio (if you are on Chirp), but from my experience don't lead to great results with books. I do have "slightly" better luck with them when I create a custom ad graphic in Canva. But if you have Audio, I would definitely use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts