Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Facebook Ads question - do you pick 1 audience per adset & ad?

OR

do you pick multiple audiences for each adset & ad?

for now, i am doing 1 audience per adset and testing 2 other adsets (same ad) with each having a different audience...is this the best way because then you know exactly which audience is working.

I have seen many youtube videos where people are picking multiple audiences in 1 adset...if that is case, how would you know which audience works? can someone clarify who has experience & profitable ROI in facebook ads?

Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The short answer is, as always, "it depends."

The danger of having an audience that is too small is that the algorithm won't be able to spend your budget getting cheap views/clicks and so it will bid on more expensive views/clicks in order to finish the budget.

So, for example, say you consider two different audiences: one where the interest is "Ducati motorcycles" and one where the interest is "2019 Ducati Multistrada 950."

You could easily end up in a situation where doing them as two separate audiences results in 20 cents a click for the broader category and a dollar a click for the smaller one. Doing them as a combined category would also see it at 20 cents a click.

Does that mean the combined category ads are all just going to the broader audience? Not necessarily. What's happening is you are picking up the "20 cent clicks" from the broad audience and the "20 cent clicks" from the small audience.

If you just sell to the small audience then you can burn through the "20 cent clicks" very quickly. In order to spend the rest of your budget, the algorithm will start bidding on more expensive clicks. On the combined audience, once you exhaust the "20 cent clicks" from one audience the algorithm shifts its focus to the other.

It's more art than science. The only real way to get comfortable with it is to try different things and see what works.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting thanks for the detailed explanation jacobk.

By the way I'm doing dynamic ads since it tests many things...anyone know how to find many free images from facebook that are allowed for use on facebook? I recall some say there is a place for that but couldnt find it while I was making the ad. Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Deposit photos has a pretty reasonable subscription plan for stock photos.

If you're on a severe shoestring budget then you can go around the stock photo services and sign up for their free trial periods. I know shutterstock lets you download ten photos before they start charging, and I think the others are similar. Just remember to cancel your membership before you get billed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice but does facebook have a platform to find images that anyone can use for facebook ad use? i thought i saw someone show a video training on how to do some time ago...not sure.

i saw a youtube video where a guy was using stock photo (powered by shutterstock) as an option...when clicking upload image in the facebook ad...but i don't see this option. any know how to get this stock photo option showing up on facebook ads?

thanks for the pixabay tip Lu!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you access Shutterstock in fb ad manager? I click upload image and dont see it while I see facebook ad experts show it in ther fb ad manager. Anyone know how to access fb stock photo when uploading images?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts