Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Facebook Ads Question - how much do you spend on ads until you delete it?

at what stats do you stop the ads?
1) what would be max CPC?
2) what $ spent with no sales?
3) any other info you look for before pausing ad?
4) also currently i'm linking to a books2read link but do you have better results just directing to the amazon url? (and if so, is it an amazon associates/affiliate link to the amazon url...the ugly long link?)

I'm new to facebook ads...and just wondering how much do you spend total on an ad before you pause/delete it if it doesn't make sales?
Generally speaking...what's a good amount for testing? about $5? Spent $30 and no sales so far! Thanks!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I look at CTR relative to other runs. I typically never go beyond $0.20 in my bids.

Run -- I've usually stopped after 3-4 days, at about 5-10$/day, if I don't like the ad performance.

I currently have two ads running - these two I like, and they've been running for 7 months now. No plan on stopping them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info jm2019!
Good to hear what others are experiencing.

I just got started but am determined to figure this out over time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The metric I focus on is cost per click. A certain percentage of clicks will turn into sales over time. You might get a little lucky or unlucky for a while, but over the long run it will even out.

If you're not seeing any sales off of your facebook clicks then you should revisit your cover, title, and blurb.

Acceptable costs per click vary depending on how much money you're making per click. Books that are #1 in a series with decent read through will be worth spending more to advertise.

Note also that a high cost per click on facebook usually means your ad is not good. Ads that start out good gradually lose their effectiveness over time and should be retired when cost per click goes too high. Ads that start off with a really high cost per click should be retired ASAP, though you might want to let them run for a day or two to make sure it's not just a small sample size.

If the ads are making you money, then you should spend as much on them as you can until they aren't making you money any more.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jacobk or anyone else, what CPC is ideal for you and what CPC is too high for you generally speaking (to know when to cut it off?) Thanks!

jacobk said:
The metric I focus on is cost per click. A certain percentage of clicks will turn into sales over time. You might get a little lucky or unlucky for a while, but over the long run it will even out.

If you're not seeing any sales off of your facebook clicks then you should revisit your cover, title, and blurb.

Acceptable costs per click vary depending on how much money you're making per click. Books that are #1 in a series with decent read through will be worth spending more to advertise.

Note also that a high cost per click on facebook usually means your ad is not good. Ads that start out good gradually lose their effectiveness over time and should be retired when cost per click goes too high. Ads that start off with a really high cost per click should be retired ASAP, though you might want to let them run for a day or two to make sure it's not just a small sample size.

If the ads are making you money, then you should spend as much on them as you can until they aren't making you money any more.
jacobk or anyone else, what CPC is ideal for you and what CPC is too high for you generally speaking (to know when to cut it off?) Thanks!

·
Registered
466 Posts
1) what would be max CPC?
that fully depends on your clicktrough rate and your conversion rate, your book price and the resulting arbitrage.
If you sell one book, how much can you spend? how high is your conversion? how many clicks to you need for that conversion? and then how much can you afford / should you spend on that conversion to do at least breakeven?

2) what $ spent with no sales?
minimal amounts to get test data and figure out what is working and then back to 1)

3) any other info you look for before pausing ad?
you dont pause an ad, you test them with different options and then focus on the working ones.
if you have no sales at all - some money can be invested to try that out - it means your ads are not working period. You can invest money into some trials and give yourself a budget but it needs to be directed testing not just "I ran a fb ad and it did not work"

blueman3 said:
4) also currently i'm linking to a books2read link but do you have better results just directing to the amazon url? (and if so, is it an amazon associates/affiliate link to the amazon url...the ugly long link?)
in case you are international, use the amazon locator links or consider going through your website. Note that you are NOT allowed to use affiliate links other than from your website, not in ads, nl, mails or others.

It does not matter what you use as long as it does not interfere with the potential buyers funnel.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm wading into facebook ads for the first time right now, as well.
I'm using the book "Help! My facebook ads suck." as a guide. It's helpful and might answer some of your questions about testing, CPC, and ad evaluation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts