Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend a good Childrens Fairy Tale book for the Kindle that has a Table of Contents and Illustrations? 

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I got this version of Aesop's Fables for .99 cents. Not exactly fairytales, but I remember really enjoying them as a child. The "cover" below is an example of the sorts of illustrations it has.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This isn't really a "fairy tale" book but have you tried this Children's fantasy story?

I mention it because it has such sweet illustrations (different art from the manga-style cover)!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Adele said:
Can someone recommend a good Childrens Fairy Tale book for the Kindle that has a Table of Contents and Illustrations?
The fairy tale collections by the Victorian writer Andrew Lang are marvelous. They're gathered from many sources, are perfectly suited to a child's imagination, and have beautiful illustrations. Each book is designated by a different color (The Orange Fairy Book, The Green Fairy Book, etc.) and most if not all are available for the Kindle, at great prices. As Wikipedia notes, the Blue Fairy Book is a timeless classic, and a good place to start.

CK

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Carolyn Kephart said:
The fairy tale collections by the Victorian writer Andrew Lang are marvelous. They're gathered from many sources, are perfectly suited to a child's imagination, and have beautiful illustrations. Each book is designated by a different color (The Orange Fairy Book, The Green Fairy Book, etc.) and most if not all are available for the Kindle, at great prices. As Wikipedia notes, the Blue Fairy Book is a timeless classic, and a good place to start.

CK
I have this version of the Fairy Books:
It has all of the books in one file with an active table of contents, but it doesn't have any illustrations.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Yeah, I have the <insert color> Fairy Books, but I got free versions and they're not very well formatted nor do they have pictures so I didn't mention them here. If there is a Kindle version with the illustrations I most definitely want them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts