Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Kindle version of "The Lost Secret of Fairies" was released this week. I'm really excited that I've released my Kindle version of my book. Another author recommended this site, and it's very interesting. The price has been reduced to a special rate to introduce readers to my series before the second book comes out in the next few months.

Here's a bit about the book:
Wanda had always read about adventure. Now she was in the middle of one. The World of Fairies is real, and she is their new Crystal Keeper, human caretaker to the World of Fairies. But the Fairy World is in trouble. The fairies are falling ill from the pollution that ravishes the world above. Wanda has to find the key to their cure, before it's too late.

But like in all adventures, there are a few unanswered questions to solve. What has happened to the old Keeper? What are Germites? And can Wanda get used to her cat giving her backtalk while trying not to get grounded for helping the fairies? Join Wanda on her adventure, while she finds out that sometimes the best solution to a problem is the one you find within yourself.

"The Lost Secret of Fairies" is listed on Amazon.com as a paperback and now as a Kindle edition. It's listed at the bargain price now of $3.19 in the Kindle store.
Book 2, "The Lost Secret of the Green Man" is in it's final revision.
Artists are feverishly working on the cover and illustrations.
It should come out in the next few months.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know some people love to watch Book Trailers to learn about new books. So I wanted to post a link to my book's trailer on YouTube. Hopefully, it will give you a window into the "The Lost Secret of Fairies".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J8U9qnOl

Plus, update on the second book:
I'm close to submitting the finished manuscript for the second book. I'll keep you updated on the second book in the series. It's called "The Lost Secret of the Green Man". More to come when the second book is near release.

Enjoy the Book Trailer!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought I'd like to include an excerpt from my book to get you in the mood for your summer reading. It takes place right at the end of school, when kids are free to roam and have their kid adventures. I've noticed that the Search Inside feature is not up for my Kindle yet. It's on the paperback edition, along with reviews. But I thought that some of you would like to read an excerpt on the board instead of trying to hunt for it on Amazon.

Here is the excerpt from Chapter 1 of "The Lost Secret of Fairies":
"So, you want to know how I became a Keeper? I'd probably have to explain the last few years. I guess I could begin at the beginning, but that would be too much like a fairy tale. This is anything but your average fairy tale. But then, the fairies always say 'There is a beginning to every ending,' so maybe I should start there.

Let's just say my name is Wanda, and no one understands me. That's why I was out there in the middle of the orchard that first day I had free from gymnastics practice. It was the end of June, you know, that time you're finally free from school. You know, when no one bosses you around.

I had escaped my mom long enough to sneak over the back fence of my house and hide in the orchard. I was reading my favorite fantasy series at the time. Nothing much different than what I normally do.

I didn't notice the air smelled extra fresh. I remember my hair tied back in a ponytail because of the heat, and wanting it to be a different color than my stupid, boring brown. I'd make a better outcast if I had some cool off the wall color hair, like jet black or cherry red. I'd studied the bottles carefully in the drug store.

I didn't notice the sun doing strange reflections as I walked out to my favorite spot to read. I mashed down the grass into a perfect fairy bowery. The kind that is perfect to read in, hidden and secluded. I could see around the orchard at cat level. Nothing was crawling or walking around. There was just a slight breeze to disturb the tall grass growing around my hiding spot.

I remembered the last scene of my current book-de-jour. The princess was escaping from Landau, the dark sorcerer who was trying to take over her kingdom. Now what would she do?

Would she use her secret power of flight? Or would she some how find the way to the locket she needed to free her frozen Mother Queen?

Yes, she's going to have to fight him. I checked to see how many pages were left. Twelve. Good, I'm getting close to the climax.

I wiggled to get more comfortable in my grass hide-away. Glancing up, I blinked as the sun above me looked no different than before. A sharp bright flash came to the side of my vision. I shrugged, and figured it was a reflection of my glasses. Back then, I thought most things were just a flash, or something that I imagined. I know better now. But back to the story, or it just won't make sense to you later.

I closed my eyes to listen to the breeze drifting across the grass. I was feeling pretty free right then. No more Jessica Newark to bother me. I hated her making fun of my fashion sense. Like I really cared about their group of popular trends and know-it-all about boys. What point was there? I liked being a loner. It was easier.

I was going to have to see them at gymnastics class. Thing with being in the same area of school and community center, sometimes the two overlapped. But for now, I could ignore them as long as I stood on the other side of the gym. Too bad Michelle moved. Emailing isn't the same as being there. Good friends are hard to find when you're fighting to save the world. But that comes late in the story.

Like I said, I was enjoying the summer weather, in my favorite reading spot, alone, how I liked it. I heard a little swoosh of something approaching. I thought it was my cat Brewford coming out to visit me, so I looked up.

'Caw!'

I was startled by the bird squawk. Shaking my head, I tried to find the source and saw nothing. Oh well, time to get back to where the princess was just about to make her move out of her hiding place to reach the magic locket and...

'Caw!'

Not again! I looked around for the source of the awkward noise. Nothing. I shrugged, looked down to read and...

'Caw. Caw!'

A great black bird hopped into the grass alcove I had created. The bird stalked forward with a grace that gave him authority. His large beak dipped down as he pointed one eye to look at me."

-Excerpt from the "Lost Secret of Fairies" pages 7-9
http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Secret-Fairies-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B002C1A2BM

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW! That just made my day! I love hearing what my readers think. Good to hear that you're daughter loves it. That's what motivates me to get cranking on the second book's manuscript. It's almost ready and should come out end of summer/beginning of the school year. Thanks for posting.  ;D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Happy to announce the new Summer Reading Price finally posted on the Kindle Edition.
Now for those who were hesitating, maybe the new list price of $1.24 will tempt you to try reading "The Lost Secret of Fairies". Great for adding to your child's or grandchild's reading list. Give them something to enjoy while traveling this Fourth of July. And please post back what they think. I really enjoy hearing from my readers.
"The Lost Secret of Fairies"
Summer Reading Special
$1.24
http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Secret-Fairies-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B002C1A2BM
Have a Happy Fourth everyone! ;D

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Tiffany!  I just purchased your book, I'll let you know what a 60 year old kid thinks. ;D ;D
jp

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking forward to hearing what children of all ages think JP. I have a good friend that is a professional clown. She told me that you are the age of the people you hang out with. She always quotes her age as the age of the children she is performing for. I hang out with 8 year old kids all day long during the school year. Sometimes it is good to read to the child inside us.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Howdy everyone!
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm nearing the final revision of book two. The artists are busy right now working on the cover and illustrations. So, it's a good time to go on vacation.

So, on that note of vacations, I leave tomorrow for Germany. I'll be gone for a few weeks. Going to look for fairy legends and stories among the fabulous story book castles. There is a big interest in fairy lore in Germany right now. Plus, I'm getting a lot of hits on my website from Germany. It will be fascinating to hunt for fairies in Munich up through Hamburg. I'll be sure to give a full report when I get back.

Until then, to all my author friends and readers, have a fabulous few weeks. Auf Wiedersehen!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm back from my trip to Germany, and now it's time to get back to the final revisions of the second book "The Lost Secret of the Green Man".
I was blogging from Germany, but got locked out of the board here. Just couldn't get my id and password to work overseas.
So, here is a link to the blogs I did while in Germany so you can experience the thrill of travel and research. Found a lot of interesting folk tales in the Alps and the German-Austrian Border. Had an amazing experience hiking on the Untersberg, traveling through chocolate box top German towns, and eating fabulous food.
Here's the link to my blog so you can share in the adventure.
http://lostsecretoffairies.blogspot.com/
Here's to travel and research! Hope everyone is having a fabulous time traveling this summer or living adventures through their reading.
-Tiff

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wanted to thank everyone who has downloaded the Kindle Version of my book over the last two months. I've gotten all kinds of feedback and comments. Ratings have been appearing on Goodreads.com. I think the best thing is seeing your book reach the readers you intended, finally! Kindle has done that in a new way. So, a big thank you again.

And if you haven't had a chance to read my book, I'd love to hear from you if you get the chance to download and read it. It's a great gift for the beginning of school. Being a teacher and writer, I try to write to keep young readers engaged and wanting more. I always want to know what people think as well. It makes my day to hear from readers and their parents.

I'm working on the final revisions this week for the second book. Next week, the second book "The Lost Secret of the Green Man" is off to the publisher. This is so exciting! I will keep everyone updated on further progress.
Have a great beginning of school everyone!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Howdy, and hope everyone is having a fab week, esp. now that the kids are back in school. Of course, for the teacher side of the coin, we are SO TIRED after the first week! Every year I'm reminded of how much energy it takes being a teacher.

So, I just saw the sketch for my second book's cover in the Crystal Keeper series. It's fabulous, complete with a mysterious looking Green Man on the front, Celtic knotwork edge and all the characters from the first book joined by some new characters. The artist, Rich Wallace, has totally outdone himself. I can't wait to see the finished product.

But on the note of the second book's release date, looks like it's gotten pushed to November. I've not a date of exactly when in November, but as soon as I know, I'll post it. Meanwhile, everyone enjoy your weekend.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:) I wanted to update everyone since I've been busy with the day job for the last several weeks.
I've sent the second book manuscript to the publisher, and am hoping for a release date soon. I've been told it's in line to be worked on.

I'm going to release the Kindle version near the time the paperback version comes out so they match up edition wise. But of course, the waiting part is the hardest, even for me. Not to mention all the promo deadlines and award deadlines I want to enter the second book in. Feeling like I'm hanging a bit right now.

:eek: Plus, I've noticed the Kindle price for "The Lost Secret of Fairies" has been increased by Amazon. It had been listed for $1.24. It is now $3.73. I'm not sure why this happened, but maybe someone on the board might have an idea. I'm not sure if it has to do with B & N coming out with ebooks. But I assure you the price hike was not done by me. I've always tried to keep the price reasonable.

So that's all the updates I have for now. Do have a fabulous Halloween. As a teacher, it can't come and go any faster. Faster would be better. Except, I do have my fairy outfit to dress up as. I will dress up as the Woodsprite I researched through performance. Nothing like acting like a fairy to better capture the character for a novel.
Have a fun Fall! I'll update when I know the release date of the second book, or if something else happens with the Kindle list price.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More updates:
Book 2 is called: "The Lost Secret of the Green Man: The Crystal Keeper Chronicles Book 2". It has been at the publishers for a bit, and I've just gotten an update.
Book 2 in the series is going to be in production another 3 weeks.
Totally bummed out!  :'(
But, at least it's in the the process of being ready soon.
Thanks for all the support. It's means a lot to hear from readers. New people are discovering book 1, and that only builds more excitement for book 2.
Hopefully, the next update will be, it's ready, with links.  ;D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm happy to say that I've just made "The Lost Secret of Fairies" available on Smashwords.com.
There, you can download a Kindle version of the first book in the Crystal Keeper Chronicles.
Better yet, here is a special discount coupon for those who would like to save for the holidays.

Just type in this coupon code: TR68Q
This will allow you to purchase your Kindle copy for $0.99 through Smashwords.com.
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/6090

The coupon code will be good until Dec. 21, 2009.

I am so thankful for the support of all the Kindle readers on this board. Just wanted to give back a little. The second book is very near completion and should be out in the next few weeks. The ebook format will be available through Trafford Publishing. ;D

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Tiffany: Looks like the price is back where you had it. :)
Just in time for me to pick it up. Wish I could download from home, but alas, we live too deep in Nowhere-land.
One reason to go to work, eh!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts