Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found it difficult to watch with my mother battling the horrid disease herself (double mastectomy).  However, that being said; I think it was a very accurate depiction of events.  She didn't try to sugar coat anything.  I do think it took quite a bit of courage.  Some people have no idea what it is like.  Cancer is so debilitating; chemo absolutely exhausts you. 

What is your take on the TV special??

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I didn't watch it but I saw the snippets they showed on the NBC Nightly News. I've cared for enough people who've battled (and died) from cancer over the years that I decided I could pass on this show.

Good for Farrah for being brave enough to let people know what she's going through, though.

L

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Just lost my mom in February to liver cancer, so not a place I wanted to go.

My prayers are with her and her family.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My husband and I watched all three hours, surprising ourselves. I think we did it as a gesture of respect.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I've seen snippets on Entertainment Tonight and it looked really moving. Too hard for me, though. My brother-in-law passed away from cancer complications on April 18th.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Debra Purdy Kong said:
I've seen snippets on Entertainment Tonight and it looked really moving. Too hard for me, though. My brother-in-law passed away from cancer complications on April 18th.
Sorry for your loss. It was very moving and DD and I crying near the end of the program.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It was very moving and I have a lot of respect for Farrah for sharing that very private story. The video showed the fear, courage, and hope in her as things went up and down and it really made the point of how this disease impacts people.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I didn't watch it, but admire her a great deal for choosing to share her battle with the public.

Having been there as my sister battled breast cancer 14 years ago, and then non-Hodgkins lymphoma over a 2-year period, and having lost our dad to lung cancer a year before her lymphoma was diagnosed, I simply couldn't bring myself to watch the devastation again.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I didnt watch it, but I have followed her problems on the internet

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
I wasn't going to watch it because I didn't want to re-live memories of caring for FIL and best friend through final days, but it was on again today and I did watch the whole thing.  I ended up feeling empathy rather than sorrow.  I thought was a story of courage, faith and joy that she was still alive to fight long after the odds were against her.  The love of her friends and Ryan O'Neal that we only know as "stars" was evident.  Very moving.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
my grandfather just died Dec.08 from Caner but I still watched because I feel that she cared enough to make sure it was all filmed for a reason, she wanted to get her message and story out!

I watched it with my mother, we both cried! 

1 - 12 of 12 Posts