Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might enjoy sampling my new Kindle biography, "Spymaster: 'Wild Bill' Donovan, Father of the CIA." You'll find it on Amazon, of course. And in an easy-to-download Mobipocket Edition, as well. Please visit my Website, too: http://sigrosenblum.7p.com/ Thanks for your interest!

Sig Rosenblum

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I am a big fan of W.E.B. Griffin who uses Donovan a lot in his books, and in my other life I did know a bit about the agency of which you speak so guess this will have to go on my list of must reads.  Thanks Sig

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Thanks so much Sig!  I just went to Amazon and purchased your book.  Sounds like an excellent book and I look forward to reading it.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
We've got a bunch of new folk with new Kindles on board in this holiday season, so I'll mention this here--if you purchase a book by going through one of the Amazon links at the top or bottom of each Kindleboards page, or by clicking on most links in the messages (we try to fix them, sometimes hard to keep up), Kindleboards gets a tiny percentage, which helps Harvey maintain this great place for all of us!

So I'll quote the link to Sig's book again:

Here's the link on Amazon:

Betsy

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Thank you so much for bringing this book to my attention.  One of the great features about this board.  I just bought it and can't wait to settle in and give it a good read. 
debbie

·
Registered
731 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I think I read the Kindle biography. Doesn't it start out "I was born a poor Black Sony E-book Reader?"
Jerk. Oh wait...I meant "The Jerk". :) That's a movie I actually enjoyed. What was the next line?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
"It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi"

Good movie.  My favorite line:

"The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here!"
I can't help but yell that out each year when the new phone book arrives

G

·
imallbs said:
"It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi"

Good movie. My favorite line:

"The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here!"
I can't help but yell that out each year when the new phone book arrives
You aren't alone. :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
'Just grabbed a sample. Thanks. On second look ... you priced it right. Just bought it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for taking the plunge. I'll be glad to hear what you think. And e-books should be priced modestly. I'm amazed at the nerve--and shortsightedness--of some of these scribblers and their publishers.

By the way, I like your Parker quote!

Thanks again.

Sig 

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
sigrosenblum said:
You might enjoy sampling my new Kindle biography, "Spymaster: 'Wild Bill' Donovan, Father of the CIA." You'll find it on Amazon, of course. And in an easy-to-download Mobipocket Edition, as well. Please visit my Website, too: http://sigrosenblum.7p.com/ Thanks for your interest!

Sig Rosenblum
Reading about spy agencies is pretty interesting. Their structure, success stories, failures, command and control, etc are all very interesting. 8)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.