Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo... 1/2 the board is on the "get fit/lose weight" thread, so this week's FFF is your favorite healthy snack.

ME? I ate an entire bowl of cherries last night - Unsure if the amount cancels out the healthy factor ;)

So, I've been doing not-so-bad in Canada with my older book and went to look for the first time at the ranking out of curiosity... HOLY COW:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #177 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#1 in Books > Romance > Anthologies
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Anthologies
#23 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary


177??? ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-SEVEN?? ?? Canada, you're my new favorite.

Ok gang, first FFF of 2013 - what's going great for you so far. Newbies: Anything is fair game as long as it's good news.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,648 Posts
As a Canadian, I say YOU'RE WELCOME!!  ;D ;D

I'm three days into no-more-sugar-based-meals-2am-cookietime and I noticed last night I was distinctly not-bloated. Weird!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
My wife pointed out to me this morning that I'm doing pretty well in sewing up a good portion of the Fantasy series category on Amazon.uk. I try not to pay attention to rankings that hard anymore, but it's nice to know someone in the house is still at the wheel on that.

I'm five pages from the end of this rewrite, and the stuff I've sent out so far has the lone beta reader who's read it telling me it's really, really good.

I cooked a few healthy things last night including a Bourbon Shrimp recipe, a low-cal Gumbo and some chicken breasts. They are all good. (Except the chicken breast because it got dry. Better luck next time.)

It's my youngest kid's 2nd birthday! My little baby is growing up so fast. Yeesh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
Snacks can be... healthy? ???

My first audiobook went live on Audible and Amazon yesterday. Oh, and my romance novel is hanging out in the top 100 for its category, on both .com and .co.uk.

Tonight's dinner should wind up being broiled swai with rice pilaf. Possibly with apple dumplings for dessert, if I feel really ambitious. Two out of three aren't bad, right? And it's not like a little lard ever killed anyone...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
George Berger said:
Possibly with apple dumplings for dessert, if I feel really ambitious.
Don't take this the wrong way, George, but every time you mention the things you cook, my still-fat @$$ considers stalking you. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dalya said:
As a Canadian, I say YOU'RE WELCOME!! ;D ;D
Keep up the good work Dalya!!! I'd love to magically hit the top 100 somewhere LOL

RobertJCrane said:
Don't take this the wrong way, George, but every time you mention the things you cook, my still-fat @$$ considers stalking you. ;D
What Robert said. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,683 Posts
Just taking a break from my super sexy NA book, and my hero just said something in a deep, scratchy voice!! *swoon.*

I love falling in love with my own, made up people. :)

Um, I shall have a vanilla avocado smoothy with coconut milk. That's healthy, right? (It's not fat free, though. Hmm...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
Caitie Quinn said:
So, I've been doing not-so-bad in Canada with my older book and went to look for the first time at the ranking out of curiosity... HOLY COW:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #177 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#1 in Books > Romance > Anthologies
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Anthologies
#23 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary

177??? ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-SEVEN?? ?? Canada, you're my new favorite.
8) :applause: 8) KB authors are really rocking it today!

For me specifically... Books are selling at a nice, steady pace on 'Zon (.com specifically). This whole "write a series / release a new book / sales go up" thing may have some merit... Guess I need to write the next one. :)

With Book 1 out of Select, I've been getting everything up elsewhere. Thanks to Scrivener, direct uploads to Kobo and Barnes & Noble were a breeze. Now, if I could just get it to kick out perfect CreateSpace and Smashwords .doc files. (What? Smashwords can accept .epubs? Excellent!)

Speaking of CreateSpace, finally getting going on that front. The proof of my prequel arrived yesterday. Outside noting that Garamond 11 is a bit smaller in print than I'd hoped... just seeing it in print with the AWESOME cover was a tremendous feeling.

valeriec80 said:
Um, I shall have a vanilla avocado smoothy with coconut milk. That's healthy, right? (It's not fat free, though. Hmm...)
In this thread, EVERYTHING is healthy. :) (Also, it is probably healthy in other threads as well.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,648 Posts
My husband is on the treadmill desk now, so I'm hiding in the bedroom with the laptop. It may be good for my health if I get on the thing, but it's really annoying to have someone treadmilling right behind you when you're trying to write.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,123 Posts
Got picked up by POI today

  Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #177 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
    #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Science Fiction > Adventure
    #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Science Fiction > Space Opera


They hate me in Canada. Only two freebie downloads!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
Quiss said:
Got picked up by POI today

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #177 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Science Fiction > Adventure
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Science Fiction > Space Opera

They hate me in Canada. Only two freebie downloads!
Congrats on getting picked up, Quiss. If you could all cross your fingers/do a rain dance/worship your Hugh Howey idols, I'd appreciate it--I'm hoping POI will pick me up when I do my free run next month.

My new favorite snack is organic vanilla yogurt with a very light sprinkling of organic granola. I've even managed to get the kids hooked on it.

Also, I've been very devoted to my elliptical this week. Go me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quiss said:
Got picked up by POI today

They hate me in Canada. Only two freebie downloads!
Congrats Chris! My Canada downloads came late and were about 1/3rd of my US ones. Don't worry - they're coming :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Caitie Quinn said:
It's really quiet in here... should we be worried?
I'm having fun conversations with various advertising reps via e-mail...although I think one conversation is pretty much over now that I found out that the minimum amount they want you to spend on ads is $2500. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,698 Posts
One of my books got to #50 in the Amazon Canada store! I think it probably got higher than that, but that's the highest I saw it. I was tickled pink. That took twenty-seven whole sales, you know. ;)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top