Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 'Christmas books' thread in the Book Corner got me thinking of our family's favorite Christmas movies.

We have the same 8 or 10 that we return joyfully to every year.

What are some of the movies you enjoy at Christmas time?

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My wife and I *love* this movie, and it's a Christmas Eve tradition for us and our girls. Our girls roll their eyes because Carrie and I sob loudly through most of it. :)

It's a Wonderful Life

B

·
0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life is not just my favorite Christmas movie, but is on my Top Ten all-time favorite movies list. I can't say enough good things about it. (So I won't even try.)

Fair Warning: Anybody who spews out A Christmas Story as their favorite gets immediately put on my Ignore list. :p

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It's generic (sorry!) but my favorite is still Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  I also love Frosty the Snowman (original). 

·
Registered
509 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
It's a Wonderful Life is not just my favorite Christmas movie, but is on my Top Ten all-time favorite movies list. I can't say enough good things about it. (So I won't even try.)

Fair Warning: Anybody who spews out A Christmas Story as their favorite gets immediately put on my Ignore list. :p
"You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"

·
Registered
377 Posts
I like "It's a Wonderful Life" and Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" and "Holiday Inn", but my favorite is "Christmas Vacation".

The only Christmas movie I will NEVER, EVER watch is that annoying "A Christmas Story"

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Bah Humbug on all of you Christmas Story haters. I love Christmas Vacation, too.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I remember my parents taking me to Radio City Music Hall one Christmas season...I was little, maybe six or seven. There was a stage show with the Rockettes and some Christmas-themed movie that I've long forgotten. Whatever movie it was would be my favorite simply because of the magic of NYC and Radio City at Christmas.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hands down "It's a Wonderful Life"!  I watch it every single year while I'm wrapping Christmas presents.  I'll be in Disneyland this year for Christmas so I'll have to take it and my portable DVD player with me.

I also like some of the silly movies, Christmas Vacation, Bad Santa, Scrooged, etc...

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I don't have a favorite...I have seen them so much that I got sick of them by the age of 12-13 ish. (mom owned a day care when I was growing up.)

B

·
0 Posts
Wicked said:
My favorite that I watch every year is Love Actually. Not for everyone but I just love it!
This movie was much, much better than I anticipated. I shed many masculine tears.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The one we must watch every year is Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation. When Randy Quaid comes out in a white v-neck sweater with a black dickey...hilarious!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like the old Katherine Hepburn/Spencer Tracy movie, Desk Set. It's not actually a Christmas movie but it always seems to get shown this time of the year anyway. It must be that great office Christmas party scene in the movie that prompts the programing gurus to play it every December.

I'm treading dangerous ground here but I have to put a vote in for my least favorite Christmas movie of all time and that would be...A Wonderful Life.

Linda

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
White Christmas, Christmas Vacation (which we watch year round), It's A Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol (numerous versions) and of course, the classics shown on network TV which we own on DVD :)))

1 - 20 of 134 Posts