Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a thread going on first jobs and it made me think about all the jobs I've had. So I decided to ask "What was your Favorite job".  I have to admit I really enjoyed the work I did right before I retired but I think my favorite job was as a Movie Projectionist.  I was a freshman in college and needed a job.  I applied to the theater and got a projectionist job.  For you youngsters this was back in the day when a movie was made up of several 15-20 minute reels.  There were two projectors that used carbon rods to make and "arc" which was a very bright light. It was my job to constantly switch the projectors back and forth until the movie was over.  I saw TONS of free movies, made some money, could turn off the sound and do my homework, and the boss let us bring our girlfriends in the booth.  A job made in Heaven.....
jp

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I, too, worked in movie theatres.... Concession, usher, box office, manager.... I worked in several different ones over a period of ten years, always had a lot of fun.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Besides being a mom, my favorite job has been being a waitress. I've been waiting tables off and on for nearly 10 years now. I meet some amazing people (and some not so amazing), it's forced exercise, I get to talk to other adults, my schedule is as flexible as I need it to be (I basically work whichever days I want). I eat pretty good food and don't have to cook it (all the cheese biscuits I could ever want too) and I almost always have some cash in hand (which isn't always a good thing as I tend to spend it easier)

Over the years, I've worked in several pizza places, a customer service cashier at Target, Office Manager, receptionist at an animal hospital, real estate agent, and a cryptologic technician/military analyst.

To this day, my mom does not understand how her Mensa member daughter who at one time held a top secret clearance in the Navy would prefer to be a part time waitress...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a fortunate person who has a job that they like... ;D
jp

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I do believe my favorite job is the one I have now.  I love working in court.  I love the whole process.  And I'm very fortunate to be able to work in two counties.  I also work with a really nice group of people in both counties. 
deb

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I worked for 9 years as a software/system tester for the company that developed and maintained the Enhanced Naval Warfare Gaming System (ENWGS) for the US Navy. Not as exciting as it might sound, and a lot of paperwork (it was for the government, after all) but it was more interesting than anything I worked on before or after that.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My favorite job is the one I have right now, too (teaching). I guess I haven't really had a lot of other jobs for comparison. I did work in a library through most of college. That would have to be my second favorite.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I am the repo man, I love it

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
My favorite job is going to be being a mom, I still have 10 weeks left until my little boy gets here but I already no it will be my favorite!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I loved the job I retired from (nearly 18 years working for a church), but my favorite had to be as manager of a Fitness & Racquetball Club.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts