Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been listening to lots of oldies in my car and thought a favorite music videos thead might be fun...then I realized that one of my favorite videos is not a "real" video. Oh well, enjoy, this one is great.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A favorite from the 80s. I always thought Thomas Dolby had a very sexy vibe going. I also like the idea that a woman could drive a man crazy with her smell of chemicals ;)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I don't remember the title or artist, but I loved that video where the girl is reading a comic book and then the guy comes to life. Does anyone know the name of that song?

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aravis60 said:
I don't remember the title or artist, but I loved that video where the girl is reading a comic book and then the guy comes to life. Does anyone know the name of that song?
A-Ha. Thanks for posting the video, Elijsha. I love that one, too. It's considered one of the best of the 80s.

L

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Wow! On the first page of the thread you have already mentioned two of my all-time favorites - Take on Me and Come on Eileen. Of course, I am stuck in the 80s musically. I even got a satellite radio a few years ago and that's almost all that I listen to in the car.
Here's another one: Modern Day Delilah by Van Stephenson who was considered mostly a one-hit wonder as a single artist, but went on to be part of the country group Blackhawk. Van lost his battle with cancer in 2001.

·
Registered
392 Posts
oooo - good thread Leslie!

You've already mentioned one of my favorite artists - Thomas Dolby.

Here is one of my favorites - The Buggles - and first video aired on MTV.

Melody Gardot is amazing - google her if you want to learn about her - her story is inspiring as is her music

The Romantics

and last but not least, one of my very favorites - Kermit singing The Rainbow Connection

·
Registered
216 Posts
2 of my favs. and a couple more

Classic

Too funny!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great choices, everyone! I love these old videos!

I had a huge crush on Adam Ant...I loved his androgynous sexuality. Here he is in Goody Two Shoes, a classic and favorite...

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I became aware of music and listening to the radio... circa 1966, Elvis was turning into a ghost of his former self and I didn't understand what all the whoop-de-do was about. Then, somewhere along the line, I saw Jailhouse Rock and suddenly my sox were knocked. Talk about androgynous sexuality! LOL. Those legs, those hips! Watch this carefully. About the time the heat gets too hot, they have two old fat guys come in to dance, I think to turn the thermostat down....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I don't know if this really counts as a music video per se but our friends son is in the group, he's also our son's friend if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I love this video, and the entire album is one of my current favorites.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love this song but the video is surprisingly unimaginative and -- dare I say? -- tacky?

Just watching this again...talk about a video that was ahead of its time...or at least pushing the envelope! LOL

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Forster said:
I don't know if this really counts as a music video per se but our friends son is in the group, he's also our son's friend if that makes any sense.
That was really beautiful, Forster. Thank you for posting.

I wish I could say one of my son's friends was in this group, or a friend of mine, but alas, no. Of course, I have a crush on the lead singer in the linen jacket! LOL (as well as a few of the other guys).

These very talented young men are from Bates College in Lewiston, Maine.

L

·
Registered
224 Posts

links wont play, but you get it :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gah! Why doesn't that video play? Okay, Robert Palmer... I have uh, done umentionable things to his music and videos. Thanks for the reminder.

Off to watch another...

L

1 - 20 of 53 Posts