Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Favorite state to live in or visit and why?

So far I think Florida has been the best place I have visited so far. They people that live there are so different than where Im from.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I grew up as  a Navy brat, so my favorite place to live is where I'm going  ;) .  My favorite state to visit is Alaska.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts

Of course I must say Texas, being a native born & raised Texan!. But seriously, I wouldn't mind living in Tennessee outside of Nashville, beautiful countryside, friendly people! Somewhere with a beach would be nice as well!

·
Registered
21,588 Posts
I think one of the most beautiful places on earth is San Diego, CA. But since the late 70s it has been getting too crowded.
Perhaps my favorite city is Savanah, GA.  Just too hot in the summer for my liking.
And I LOVE the redwood forests of Northern CA, Washington state.

Hmmm....not sure what I voted for.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
geoffthomas said:
I think one of the most beautiful places on earth is San Diego, CA. But since the late 70s it has been getting too crowded.
Perhaps my favorite city is Savanah, GA. Just too hot in the summer for my liking.
And I LOVE the redwood forests of Northern CA, Washington state.

Hmmm....not sure what I voted for.
Savannah is a beautiful place, but you are so right about the heat!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll have to be the third to pay homage to my native land, Texas...
But I would like to live in Washington. I love rain, drizzle, mist, clouds and the word "overcast". I think it would be the perfect place for me.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I LOVE texas, we travel alot my whole life with my dad's buisness so I've lived in alot of different states. My favorite so far is Texas as far as living my daily life. We winter in Florida and that is definitely another favorite it's so beautiful but I have to say far and wide I LOVED Hawaii the most!!! So So pretty and peaceful, I've never seen a more peaceful beautiful place. I love Maui and wish I could rewind to that part of my life!

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
No surprise from me - TEXAS.  I travel across the state for work, and there are so many distinct regions that we probably have a little something for everyone - from the heat and humidity of South Texas to the snowstorms in North Texas, and from the desert areas of West Texas to the Piney Woods of East Texas.
And of course, if you don't like the weather, give it a few minutes and it will change :)

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Oooh, favorite state--do I have to pick just one?

Minnesota, of course, but only in August. ;D beautiful, birch trees, lakes, great people, Paul Bunyan, Hibbing, Bob Dylan, home of Greyhound bus....seriously, if you are into snow sports, it's great the rest of the year, too.

Maine--where the mountains meet the sea. Never get tired of going to Maine. Lobster, loons, Mt Katahdin (the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail), cool seaports, fog, lighthouses, great hiking, wonderful bed & breakfasts, whale watching, great camping...plus Leslie lives there--it's got to be great!

Alaska--the Alaska Range is what the Rockies want to be when they grow up. Beauty that makes your jaw drop every time you round a corner. Bears running across the road. Salmon. Moose. Eagles clustered in trees.

Maryland, because I grew up there. :D Blue crabs, rockfish, sailboats, the Chesapeake Bay, Ocean City, Annapolis, Pimlico (home of the Preakness), Appalachian mountains, Camden Park (home of the Orioles, one of the best parks in baseball), the Thomas Point lighthouse.

California--San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Monterrey, gold country, vineyards, mountains, ocean, beaches, whale watching...

Betsy

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
My favorite is Montana.It is absolutely beautiful there.
Mountains,and wide open spaces.I love it there. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts