Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite summer activity besides reading...

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Boating. We love taking the boat out to the reefs and do some snorkeling and just floating in the water doing nothing.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I luv spending time at the lake.

I enjoy fishing, playing on the jet ski , swimming, bar-b-q's, bonfire's etc.

Now if Summer would just hurry up and get here  ;D

·
Registered
621 Posts
cheerio said:
What is your favorite summer activity besides reading...
Well, it USED to be kayaking but since I have had the hip replacement, I feel neither comfortable nor safe getting in and out of a kayak. I also used to love walking, but, again, an atrophied abductor muscle causes me to lurch when I walk... However, I am totally painfree in that hip which is a blessing.
Now I have a Kindle, I enjoy sitting on the deck under an umbrella and reading...

patrisha

·
Registered
545 Posts
Besides reading? All my life I have looked forward to summer for precisely that reason! LOL

Actually, we take a few weeks off and travel by RV with our kids. That's my favorite thing to do.

EllenR

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Spending time at the lake; boating, wave runners, kicking back watching the ducks and fish.

Swimming, lounging in the pool.

Reading

Spending time with the family doing any of the above.

Favorite time of the summer... taking friends and family out on the lake to watch the fireworks on the 4th of July!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My favorite summer activities would have to be boating on the river by my parents' house and swimming (I was a synchronized swimmer once upon a time).

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Long rides on the motorcycle & scooter top my summer favorites list. But it's also tops for spring, autumn, and winter.

Predictability is comforting ;)

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
I started kayaking a few summers ago and we manage to get the boats to the water at least once a week.  It's really strange that I can just sit there on the lake and all the stress is just floating off...

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Andra said:
I started kayaking a few summers ago and we manage to get the boats to the water at least once a week. It's really strange that I can just sit there on the lake and all the stress is just floating off...
Camping in the mountains, Pagosa Springs, Colorado, Chama, New Mexico, State Parks & National Parks all over. Love the family time without television, cell phones, computers etc. We play board games, Card games etc. and roast marshmallows & hot dogs while telling stories. We also mountain bike while camping, do the trails and ride a few miles to town for a snow cone or ice cream cone etc.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My favorite un activity is

Going to the beach, finding a secluded area and sunbathing. I could do this for hours on end and never get tired of it.

It's the one sport that doesn't require a lot of effort.

Sailor

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
sailor said:
My favorite un activity is
Going to the beach, finding a secluded area and sunbathing. I could do this for hours on end and never get tired of it.
It's the one sport that doesn't require a lot of effort.
Sailor
Aaaaaahhhhh... come on Sailor, it odes say ACTIVITY... give us something.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Meredith Sinclair said:
Aaaaaahhhhh... come on Sailor, it odes say ACTIVITY... give us something.
Yes, you're right.

With Jon, my Marine. ;D

Sailor *blush*

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
sailor said:
Yes, you're right.
With Jon, my Marine. ;D
Sailor *blush*
Gotcha! My husband just came home.... I am totally gettin' what ya mean. ;D

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Meredith Sinclair said:
Gotcha! My husband just came home.... I am totally gettin' what ya mean. ;D
*sigh* I've never seen Jon in person, only photos that he sends. He is enlisted till May 2010. :'(

But, I can look at his photo right here and stare at it for hours on end. I think that counts as activity too! ;D

Sailor

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
sailor said:
*sigh* I've never seen Jon in person, only photos that he sends. He is enlisted till May 2010. :'(

But, I can look at his photo right here and stare at it for hours on end. I think that counts as activity too! ;D

Sailor
;D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts