Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I always loved Wilma Flintstone.  I thought she was a great housekeeper.  It occurred to me when I got older that she didn't have much, so it was easier to keep a clean house.  :)
deb

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Jeff said:
Let me be the first to start a topic by hijacking it.
LOL!

Agreed, Endora takes the cake.

Until I saw that pic again, I didn't realize who Shirley modeled herself on...

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
drenee said:
I always loved Wilma Flintstone. I thought she was a great housekeeper. It occurred to me when I got older that she didn't have much, so it was easier to keep a clean house. :)
deb
I dunno, dinosaur poop everywhere? And all that dust from the quarry?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
That's true, Susan, but she didn't have tons of knick knacks setting around, or piles of toys to pick up. 
deb

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
drenee said:
That's true, Susan, but she didn't have tons of knick knacks setting around, or piles of toys to pick up.
deb
That's true.... <sighing as I look around me at the clutter>

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
How about a substitute mother: William Demerest as Uncle Charley O'Casey in "My Three Sons"? ;)

(Uncle Charley is at the right)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I LOVED Uncle Charley.  One of my very favorite shows.
Thanks for reminding me.  Wonder if the series is on DVD.
deb

·
Registered
921 Posts
I always liked Marion Ross (Mrs. "C" ) from Happy Days

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Doris Roberts aka Marie Barone

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
^^^OMG, Marie reminds me of my ex mother-in-law.  In fact, my ex-MIL makes Marie seem like Donna Reed.  That show gives me the shivers.   ;D
deb 

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'd hate to have a real mother or MIL like Marie Barone, but she sure was entertaining.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
drenee said:
^^^OMG, Marie reminds me of my ex mother-in-law. In fact, my ex-MIL makes Marie seem like Donna Reed. That show gives me the shivers. ;D
deb
Same here Deb.

I love Aunt Bea although she wasn't the biological Mother on The Andy Griffith show. I still watch the old reruns every night.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It's true -- Marie Barone is my MIL. Ray Barone is my husband. I guess that makes me Debra. Occasionally you see someone comment that Debra is a shrew, and then I try to explain she is just pushed to her limit. And then I wonder what that says about me.

One time my hubby's mom said she loved Everybody Loves Raymond, and we exchanged looks -- does she know? Could she possibly know?

Several years ago I wrote an article on her for Blog Critics on her:

http://blogcritics.org/culture/article/mother-in-law-daughter-out-law/

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Hands down Claire Huxtable gets my vote for favorite TV Mom...My favorite Mom line ever ...Claire said this to Vanessa when she lied about going to see a rock band she wasn't allowed to see... "I brought you into this world and I can take you out"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts