Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're half way through February and I look back at the same time for 2014 and I had sold several thousand books by now, this year, despite a new book and a backlist it's in the hundreds. Now, I'm wondering if maybe next February I will go on holiday for the month, or hibernate. So, what's it like for you this year... better?  ... worse? or no different to the other eleven months of the year.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
It's quiet compared to the summer (when I had a boom). I've only been publishing since last Feb 2014, and had just one title out then. I now have three out, and two on pre-order. I'm also in the process of taking my books out KU and now have them all up at the other channels (I'm a week in-Apple's results are encouraging). So I can't compare like to like. But, I'm making $ at about the same rate as Dec.

I've heard other authors say its quiet. But some months are good for some, bad for others. :)

Genre: UF
Readership: 18-30 women.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
I'm doing much better than I expected considering I don't have any promos or new releases to keep me going. I think I'm benefiting from a dearth of new releases in my category, which is keeping me high in the rankings.

·
Registered
939 Posts
February is going pretty well for me so far -- and I had a spectacular day yesterday, thanks in part to a new Valentine-themed release.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the month, though I've seen months turn on a dime more than once!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Unfortunately, my last release from December had now fallen off of the second cliff and sales have followed. Happily, I have a new release coming up in the next few weeks. Gotta keep writing! :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
I underwent a big cross-state move recently and spent most of my book-promo money on that. That was a few months ago, and I'm feeling the bite of it now thanks to Amazon's staggered payments. With no money to promote myself, my sales slumped. Fortunately I had new release to jazz things up a bit, but I'm still waiting on the money from that to come through. And I have another new release coming next week. If I can ever get caught up, I'll be just fine, hopefully, but till then it's been a bear.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
So far my February is okay. Not as spectacular as December and January and a little below February 2014, but not bad either. Plus, I just released the next book in my science fiction series and I'm already seeing the sales increase on the previous books in the series.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pretty good. Released the final episode of my first season as well as the compilation. Raised the prices on episodes 3-5 to 2.99. Did some promos, got picked up by freebooksy. Been my best month so far.

RC

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I am having a decent February.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Mine are the worst ever this month, but I'm running some ads so maybe it will pick up soon. I will have a new book out next month and that will help, I hope.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
So far, so good. Sales are on a par with January and December. I've noticed a drop-off at Google Play, but sales are increasing on Kobo and iTunes, so it's sort of balancing itself out.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
February has been a big helping of meh. Amazon started out good then crashed and burned about three days ago. Surprisingly enough, Google Play has taken off recently,  so all isn't lost.

BB ad this Saturday, and new release has been uploaded and should post soon...hopefully the slump will reverse itself soon. Fingers crossed. ..

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I'm on my way to what could be my best month ever. January is going to be hard to top. I'm loving life right now (and preparing for when things slow down again). I'm just working ahead and toiling away.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I've never compared a particular month of one year to another before but just did for this February and February 2014. This year is much better, as much as double the sales for some of the older books. However, until the release of my last romance late in the year, 2014 was my worst year, and I've been doing this since early 2010.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts