Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woo Hoo \o/
It's my Kindle!! Now I am being a good wife and patiently waiting for my hubby to email me back. Hoping and praying that he will say "Merry Christmas Babe, open it NOW!"
;D

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is soooo agonizing!! His first email back to me in regards was "Is it wrapped and under the tree?" :(
I told him I was waiting for my dear sweet husband to email me back and tell me to open it...

I may have to resort to tears!!  :'(

·
Registered
205 Posts
actually, you HAVE to open it up and try it out because if it's faulty and you wait til xmas, then it will be after the 30 days to return it.  See, you're just being a good by opening it early!  ;D

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS on your new KINDLE!!! You have got to try it to make sure it works within the 30 day trial period, you will not be able to send it back otherwise. If hubby says no, then just stick an old calculator in the box and wrap it for under the tree and keep KINDLE hidden and well used while he is at work, until Christmas time, when you can do a swap out on Christmas Eve. Not that I would even think to do something like this myself LOL.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL... you guys are great!
His latest email said "It is not Christmas!" I called him and he did agree that I need to check it out and make sure it works, but he still says I have to wrap it and wait until Christmas! He says it has to be wrapped by the time he gets home. That actually gives me all week with the Kindle. He works in Houston during the week and comes home on weekends!!  ;)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Well, if he's gone all week.....then it sounds like you have a kindle during the week and somehow it's magically wrapped up for Christmas on the weekends!! 
He he.....

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Just remember to use some of that restickable stick glue, like the post -it -notes have, that way your package can be quickly opened monday mornings and rewrapped on friday nights. LOL ;)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I reminded him that I use gift bags instead of wrapping paper and he said that it had to be wrapped so that when he comes home on the weekends he can observe the wear and tear on the wrapping paper from "someone" opening it every Monday and re-wrapping on Friday!!  ::)

He knows me sooooo well! LOL

It is plugged in and charging and I plan to download Leslie's FAQ as soon as I am sure it is registered properly since there is another Kindle out there somewhere already registered to me!

G

·
Angel, I also had that happen to me. Ordered and canceled then reordered. I was able to deregister the blank one on Amazon's Manage Your Kindle page. It is easy to tell which is which because there are registration numbers under the real one.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I am telling you, by Friday there is absolutely NO WAY you'll be able to wrap up your Kindle and put it away for two days. It will be impossible to do.

Just tell him that you are thrilled with your Kindle, you don't want ANYTHING ELSE for Christmas. If he insists on giving you something, say you'll be happy with a roll of paper towels!

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
Angel, I also had that happen to me. Ordered and canceled then reordered. I was able to deregister the blank one on Amazon's Manage Your Kindle page. It is easy to tell which is which because there are registration numbers under the real one.
Yes, good hint. The serial number is on the box and on the back, under the battery cover. The one on the box is a little easier to read if your eyes are anything like mine.

L

·
Super Moderator
67,558 Posts
Take it out of the box, put the box back together.. .put something in it that weighs about 10 oz.  Wrap it up.  Wrap it REALLY pretty.  Make it ornate and use lots of scotch tape so it's obvious you can't get into it.

Hide the kindle well on the weekend and leave the box in plain sight.  Leave many paper books around. . .move the bookmarks so he 'knows' you're reading them.

Or, get him something he's always wanted and tell him he can have his if you can have yours. .  .

Ann

1 - 20 of 46 Posts