Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I learned something today and wanted to share.
I have quite a few books on my Kindle that were purchased from Amazon that either have poor editing or have the author's information coded incorrectly. I finally called Amazon's support and the person I talked to suggested that the best way to report these kinds of problems is to go through the feedback on the item itself.
For example, I purchased a Christmas mystery by Donna Andrews called Six Geese A-Slaying. The Kindle version is poorly edited and when I sort by author on the Kindle, it's down in the Ds instead of in the As. The support person said to find the item on the website and scroll waaaaaay down on the page to find a blue box that is marked Feedback. The last item in the box reads: "Is there any other feedback you would like to provide? Click here" Click that one and describe the problem. That way Amazon has something in writing for a particular title and can get the information to someone who can do something about it.
Andra

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I’ve done the feedback thing with half a dozen or so books. Several have been removed and then restored when the problems were corrected, several have been removed and never got put back.

Mike

·
Registered
364 Posts
Leslie said:
Thanks, Andra, that's a great hint. I didn't know about that feedback button.

L
I didn't know that either Leslie.
Thanks for that very Helpful hint Andra.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Definitely Thanks Andra -
That's what is so great about this site - passing on info

·
Registered
869 Posts
Kudos, Andra -

for posting this tip.  I have not had any problems with the books I've ordered.

Good to know what to do when a bad copy does appear.

Thanks,

Marci

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had to call them the other day because a book I had downloaded had the wrong cover on it. It was a cover for a completely different author and book. The book itself looked correct but want the whole thing correct. They refunded my money and stated they would notify the publisher and pull the book. Now I get to see how long it will take for it to show back up once they take it off.-Didn't know about the feedback button, I will have to remember that if I find anything else.-Thanks.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
soapy70 said:
I had to call them the other day because a book I had downloaded had the wrong cover on it. It was a cover for a completely different author and book.
Yeah, that's happened several times to books I've looked up.

There is actually a "feedback on images" link to click on to tell them about it. But you have to look for it.

Mike

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
soapy70 said:
I had to call them the other day because a book I had downloaded had the wrong cover on it. It was a cover for a completely different author and book. The book itself looked correct but want the whole thing correct. They refunded my money and stated they would notify the publisher and pull the book. Now I get to see how long it will take for it to show back up once they take it off.
That particular error is more likely to be Amazon's than the publisher's. The Kindle is pretty new and the process is still a bit buggy - but it gets better every day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts