Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been asked and answered before but I can't seem to find it. I found some books on Fictionwise I would like to get but am confused on which formats I can use. I chose the Kindle compatible where it said to but when you are looking at a book, that is not one of the choices. One I wanted says 'secured ereader' so I figure that is out. What are the ones that I can choose that would be compatible. I would appreciate your help on this.

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
You should be able to download other secure formats if you have your Kindle's PID.  But no one I've heard of has been able to make it work.

Ann

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I guess that answers that. They say they have a bunch which are Kindle compatible, but none I have seen that I want are. They are all secure formats which have drm, so no go there. :-\

·
Registered
130 Posts
Unfortunately, you cannot use the secured mobi format from Fictionwise anymore.  The Kindle PID has a * in it, which seems to no longer be accepted by Fictionwise.  You have to choose the "multiformat" option.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I thought but wanted to make sure. Unfortunately the books I wantd aren't in multiformat. Bummer. They were a good price too. I guess I will have to wait to see if they show up on Amazon or somewhere else.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Fictionwise does have some very good books. You are however limited to 'multi-format' versions. Then you choose - kindle or mobipocket versions (non-DRM'd)

The ones they have in secure formats are for the most part available on Amazon.

YMMV - but I love Fictionwise!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts