Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been asked and answered before but I can't seem to find it. I found some books on Fictionwise I would like to get but am confused on which formats I can use. I chose the Kindle compatible where it said to but when you are looking at a book, that is not one of the choices. One I wanted says 'secured ereader' so I figure that is out. What are the ones that I can choose that would be compatible. I would appreciate your help on this.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I guess that answers that. They say they have a bunch which are Kindle compatible, but none I have seen that I want are. They are all secure formats which have drm, so no go there. :-\

·
Registered
130 Posts
Unfortunately, you cannot use the secured mobi format from Fictionwise anymore.  The Kindle PID has a * in it, which seems to no longer be accepted by Fictionwise.  You have to choose the "multiformat" option.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I thought but wanted to make sure. Unfortunately the books I wantd aren't in multiformat. Bummer. They were a good price too. I guess I will have to wait to see if they show up on Amazon or somewhere else.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Fictionwise does have some very good books. You are however limited to 'multi-format' versions. Then you choose - kindle or mobipocket versions (non-DRM'd)

The ones they have in secure formats are for the most part available on Amazon.

YMMV - but I love Fictionwise!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.