Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo!  The Door to Canellin is FINALLY approved for premium distribution!!!  Yeehaaaaa!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm so jealous.  My book finally was accepted for premium status...I changed the cover thinking that I would be able to, and now I'm in the back of the line again...

*sigh* one more week at least :).

Congrats though!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Excellent news!

Gregory, thanks for the info on changing covers. I did not know they made you go to the back of the line. PJ

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
gregoryblackman said:
I'm so jealous. My book finally was accepted for premium status...I changed the cover thinking that I would be able to, and now I'm in the back of the line again...

*sigh* one more week at least :).

Congrats though!
But the book's still in the Premium Catalogue, just with the old cover. :)

If it helps any - cover changes are usually approved a fair bit faster than changes in the text. They just need to eyeball the image to make sure it still fits guidelines (author name included, correct size, etc).

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Congrats!  I just found out today, my short story has something wrong so it won't go in.  Something about indents or such...?  I decided to not bother trying to figure it out.

But good for you for making it in.  I wish you much success with your new exposure! 

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
JeanneM said:
Congrats! I just found out today, my short story has something wrong so it won't go in. Something about indents or such...? I decided to not bother trying to figure it out.

But good for you for making it in. I wish you much success with your new exposure!
Probably either that you've used the TAB key to create your first-line indents (bad), or you've used both first-line indents and spacing between paragraphs. Both are no-nos in the Style Guide.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Probably.  I have no idea what I might have done.  It was accepted by Smashwords so I don't understand why it wouldn't go into the catalog as well.  But these things often baffle me.  I don't really care enough about being in there to do anything about it though.  I'm happy with Kindle, Nook and Smash.  :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, in the end, the version of mine that was accepted was the one I did myself... nuclear option followed by meticulous formatting.  But during the process, I also got with a pro who attempted to help me with a couple of issues.  As it turned out, I didn't need her, but I would advise going that route if you're having troubles you can't get worked out in your manuscript.  Her name is Lucinda Campbell.  And while I don't feel comfortable just handing out contact information on the boards, she's listed in Mark's List, which you can get from Smashwords.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts