Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Ever since the Kindle was announced, I've always wanted one. After the second iteration was announced, I weighed the pros and cons and decided to leap for a barely used first gen. Long story short...I AM NOW A KINDLE USER! Well, not yet, not until I get the package...but you get the point.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
OMG.  I can't wait to see your reaction on the day the UPS man shows up.  Perhaps we should give him a heads up to wear padding so he doesn't bruise too much when you knock him over.  LOL.   All kidding aside, love your enthusiasm.  Welcome.
deb

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I also got a Kindle Klassic recently (from a board member) and you will love it. Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Alan - Nice to have you here and so glad you are going to be a kindle owner soon!  Your life will change - but for the better.  Keep us posted on how you are doing and if you find any nifty books to read, particularly those at low cost  ;D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anju said:
Hi Alan - Nice to have you here and so glad you are going to be a kindle owner soon! Your life will change - but for the better. Keep us posted on how you are doing and if you find any nifty books to read, particularly those at low cost ;D
Definitely. I actually had a quick question:

How does feedbooks.com compare to subscribing to the newspaper from Amazon?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Alan and a warm welcome to you!

I still laugh at  myself because I sat and stared at the amazon box for a whole day before opening it.  More out of fear of the unknown than anything else.  Now you can't pry it out of my hands. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KCFoggin said:

I still laugh at myself because I sat and stared at the amazon box for a whole day before opening it. More out of fear of the unknown than anything else. Now you can't pry it out of my hands. :)
Oh no. Not me. I'm gonna rip into that box like a kid on christmas!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
KCFoggin said:

I still laugh at myself because I sat and stared at the amazon box for a whole day before opening it. More out of fear of the unknown than anything else. Now you can't pry it out of my hands. :)
A whole day? How did you do that?

My mom opened it, but then didn't use it for 2 weeks. I had spent hours and hours transferring books and getting it set up for her (she doesn't have whispernet and has no clue how to use a computer) I even printed out descriptions of each of the books (No small feat considering I loaded it with over 200 books) plus if it was in a series, I told her what number in the series it was. It drove me nuts and even hurt my feelings because I kept calling to see how she liked it and she kept telling me she hadn't used it yet. Even now, I know she likes it, but I think she likes my dad's ipod better :(

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
KCFoggin said:

Wow KC... how did you do that?? I just about attacked the FedEx guy and started opening it on the way back to the house!! :D

Alansmallen said:
Can anyone answer my question from earlier:

What's the difference between feedbooks.com newspapers and Amazon newspapers?
I have never actually been to feedbooks.com but have downloaded their Kindle Guide to my Kindle. The feedbooks.com Kindle Guide allows you to search their catalog of free ebooks and download them directly to your Kindle through Whispernet. You can get the catalog by going to your Kindle's web browser and entering the url http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Angela said:
Wow KC... how did you do that?? I just about attacked the FedEx guy and started opening it on the way back to the house!! :D

I have never actually been to feedbooks.com but have downloaded their Kindle Guide to my Kindle. The feedbooks.com Kindle Guide allows you to search their catalog of free ebooks and download them directly to your Kindle through Whispernet. You can get the catalog by going to your Kindle's web browser and entering the url http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide.
No. I'm talking about the feedbooks.com newspaper, not their books.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Alansmallen said:
Thanks

But will anyone answer my question from earlier?
sorry I couldn't answer your question... like I said I have never been able to get to feedbooks from my computer and haven't been able to figure out why. Try posting your question in the Let's Talk Kindle thread. It might garner more attention there than here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.