Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been playing with my new kindle for about an hour and I absolutely LOVE it! Seriously I can't believe how easy the screen is on my eyes.  Okay honestly the only way I could tell that this was a refurbished model was that it had a pink sticker on the bottom of the box, everything was sealed (box shrink-wrapped), and everything looks absolutely new as if it was never touched or opened.  Hey for 30 bucks less it was worth it (plus I was able to get before Yule yippie!)  I am pretty sure the page turning on the kindle is much faster then the sony reader I played around with at Borders the other day.  Now all I have to do is read the manual and all that jazz.  What is up with the metal looking selector thing... it looks really spiffy. 

Can't wait till the husband comes home, he says I can reopen my gift for Yule instead of waiting for X-mas so long as I bring it down to New York to show his family.  I don't even know if I can wait that long, I really don't want to give my kindle up now!  I am so impressed with how smooth the text is, I haven't had too many issues with hitting the next page button, my hands are small and its easier to hold on the bottom anyhoo.  I can't wait to fill my kindle up I named her Macha, and for some strange reason one of my cats won't stop starring at it, its the strangest thing lol. I am definitely having a "my precious" moment here!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congrats ... and enjoy.  I've had mine for a couple of days now, and love it.  I'm 2/3s of a way through my first Kindle book.  It's so easy to use.  

My "refurb" had a really small green sticker on the bottom of the box.  I imagine that means the same as a pink sticker.  Mine also looked brand new.  

·
Registered
552 Posts
Congratulations Scathach!  It only gets better from here ;)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yipppeee for you!!! Glad to hear you are enjoying your new bundle o books  :eek: ;D  I too have found reading it easy on the eyes. I haven't had to wear my reading classes like I do for regular books.

Theresam

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Scathach said:
. . . . What is up with the metal looking selector thing... it looks really spiffy. . . .
I love the scroll bar! It's like magic!

Ann

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone, this forum is just awesome :) 

:eek: I just realized the kindle can play music!  The speakers aren't that bad for this little device, not bad at all.  Now I really need an SD card! 

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Congrats Scathath.I'm sure you will love it as much as the rest of us.

I have instrumental Christmas music on it right now and play softly while I read.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Congrats, Scathach -

This is wonderful - a new member has arrived to love on the KB and with such a good name too, Macha  :)

You know, your is the 3rd or 4th post that mentions how cats are attracted to the device.  Wonder what it is that they find fascinating  ;)

Keeps us posted on your books and accessories,

Marci

I

·
0 Posts
The music sounds a lot better with head phones.  On of the reasons I wanted such a large SD card was so I could put a lot of music on it.  People that are fans of audio books may want a larger SD card to.

I have two cats.  They don't seem all that interested in my Kindle.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Welcome to the Klub, Scathach and Macha!!  We're so glad to have you here with us!!!  There is just no way to explain to people how awesome our Kindles are.... until you get your very own and experience it for yourself!  And believe me.... it just keeps getting better and better!!  I'd be lost without MaKK.  Kongrats!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts