Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using all of the recent semi-chaos in my life as an excuse not to write.

I finally got with the program and started back at it again tonight. I didn't write much but I wrote some.

And it feel really good :)

Just wanted to share :)

·
Administrator
10,117 Posts
Olivia Fuller said:
I have been using all of the recent semi-chaos in my life as an excuse not to write.

I finally got with the program and started back at it again tonight. I didn't write much but I wrote some.

Good for you, Olivia! I know how hard it is to find the time and energy. :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I got into one of those "post-second-published-book" funks where I just felt so accomplished I got lazy.

Am I the only one? I like to think not...

I'm just glad to not be making excuses anymore. I don't want two years between books anymore unless they legitimately take 2 years to write...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Olivia Fuller said:

Congrads! ;D

·
Registered
568 Posts
Olivia Fuller said:
Thanks. I got into one of those "post-second-published-book" funks where I just felt so accomplished I got lazy.

Am I the only one? I like to think not...

I'm just glad to not be making excuses anymore. I don't want two years between books anymore unless they legitimately take 2 years to write...
Definitely not the only one. I write like mad for 3 or 4 weeks, get a great groove going, x off a nice beautiful string of days on my writing calendar, and then when the end of the book hits .... bam! Editing, tinkering, covers, blurbs, blah blah. It get me out of my writing groove and it's so hard to start the habit again. But once I do, it always feels great and I wonder what took me so long to start back up again.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Endi Webb said:
Definitely not the only one. I write like mad for 3 or 4 weeks, get a great groove going, x off a nice beautiful string of days on my writing calendar, and then when the end of the book hits .... bam! Editing, tinkering, covers, blurbs, blah blah. It get me out of my writing groove and it's so hard to start the habit again. But once I do, it always feels great and I wonder what took me so long to start back up again.
Exactly where I'm at right now.

·
Registered
624 Posts
For me, if I miss a day or two of writing, it's like a get a mental block to writing.  It's like it becomes this big mountain to climb and who am I to even try anyway? But, once I write a little bit -- usually not a lot right off -- it starts flowing again and I start thinking more about story than the who-am-I question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts