Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to find out which books are the newest ones Kindle-ized each day? 

I notice that Amazon keeps adding new ones (I think about 800 since yesterday), but I can't figure out if there is a way to see which ones are the newest ones added.  Sorting by publication date doesn't necessarily help, as the publication dates are all over the place on Kindle books.  LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
mwvickers said:
Is there a way to find out which books are the newest ones Kindle-ized each day?

I notice that Amazon keeps adding new ones (I think about 800 since yesterday), but I can't figure out if there is a way to see which ones are the newest ones added. Sorting by publication date doesn't necessarily help, as the publication dates are all over the place on Kindle books. LOL
No, that doesn't help because publication date includes books that will be released in the next three months.

You might try jungle-search.com and in the keywords section put the current date. Seems like it could work. Try it and let us know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
mwvickers said:
Is there a way to find out which books are the newest ones Kindle-ized each day?

I notice that Amazon keeps adding new ones (I think about 800 since yesterday), but I can't figure out if there is a way to see which ones are the newest ones added. Sorting by publication date doesn't necessarily help, as the publication dates are all over the place on Kindle books. LOL
Also, I believe you can sign up for an email from Amazon that tells you the last Kindle-ized books. Not sure how complete it is. May just be the top 10 or something. But I seem to recall getting this email now and then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't figure out how to get jungle-search to do it.  I don't think it can.

I do get an e-mail maybe once a week with a few of the most recently added, but I don't think it is all inclusive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
stinsmom said:
Also, I believe you can sign up for an email from Amazon that tells you the last Kindle-ized books. Not sure how complete it is. May just be the top 10 or something. But I seem to recall getting this email now and then.
Some people who have signed up (more than once) have never gotten the e-mail. That's why I haven't bothered.

And like you said, you get the e-mail now and then.

So many books are Kindleized each day, that the e-mail would have a long list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, meljackson, this is going to be an annoying question, but can you explain how you found that page?  I have tried going to the Kindle book store and everything, but I cannot get the option to see the ones released in the last 30 days.  Your link works, but I would like to be able to find it on my own, too.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,791 Posts
Even that "last 30 days" link probably assumes that the publication date is correct, I'm betting. And I note that it includes FUTURE books, too, I see a March 10 publiciation date book listed at #24, for instance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
mwvickers said:
Okay, meljackson, this is going to be an annoying question, but can you explain how you found that page? I have tried going to the Kindle book store and everything, but I cannot get the option to see the ones released in the last 30 days. Your link works, but I would like to be able to find it on my own, too.

Thanks.
I made her explain it to me once too. Follow these instructions:

From Amazon's homepage choose "Books" under "Shop All Departments". (NOT Kindle Books!)

(You should be Here: http://www.amazon.com/books-used-books-textbooks/b/ref=sa_menu_bo0?ie=UTF8&node=283155&pf_rd_p=328655101&pf_rd_s=left-nav-1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=507846&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1VVB5YRHSQ7C0YM41DED )

Leave the search field blank and hit "Go".

You are now on the elusive 30/90/Coming Soon page. Scroll down on the left and choose "Kindle Books"

Wasn't that completely intuitive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
ScottBooks said:
I made her explain it to me once too. Follow these instructions:

From Amazon's homepage choose "Books" under "Shop All Departments". (NOT Kindle Books!)

(You should be Here: http://www.amazon.com/books-used-books-textbooks/b/ref=sa_menu_bo0?ie=UTF8&node=283155&pf_rd_p=328655101&pf_rd_s=left-nav-1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=507846&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1VVB5YRHSQ7C0YM41DED )

Leave the search field blank and hit "Go".

You are now on the elusive 30/90/Coming Soon page. Scroll down on the left and choose "Kindle Books"

Wasn't that completely intuitive?
Don't know about intuitive, but it worked. Good job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
I was wondering about the same thing last week but then gave up on it.  ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the explanation.  I'm not sure how well it works, though.  Most of the books seem to be the same as yesterday, but Amazon usually adds over 100 books a day to the Kindle (sometimes more). 

It's better than nothing though.  LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
I've never found anything on that page to be accurate. Odd or amusing, yes, but not so much verifiable or even close to true. Even the DTB version doesn't list books released just last week. The number of books shown as available in the Kindle format hasn't varied much from just over 100k on the 30/90 day page. If you want to have some real fun I recommend browsing through the 1 million HTML offerings.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top