Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't personally know any indie authors, though I've met a few wonderful people online. But I'd love to meet people like me in my area. I imagine other authors would be interested in this, too. Are there any great resources for finding other indie authors?

Or is my best bet to step out here in this forum and say, Yo, I'm in Portland, Oregon. Anybody else?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ooooh! i heard portland is awesome! u guys have trees! i'm not in your neck of the woods. im in that footloose town in texas about 200 miles west of dallas. i think there are several writers hiding out in the hills, but i can't b sure. :)

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I, too, have wondered about other writers within driving distance of this area. In my case, that's Omaha. If any of you are out there, I'd like to visit with you. On-line would be good; in person, even better. Lunch?...Coffee?...Pizza?...whatever. A small group such as this could prove beneficial to all of us.

EDTA: I don't consider Lincoln NE, Des Moines IA, Sioux City IA, or other such distances, as too far to drive.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm just outside of Boston. Would love to meet other indies. :)

It's funny - we "see" each other online all the time, but...in person? Not so much!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
There are quite a lot of writers in Portland! They have some lovely writing conventions up that way, so I'm certain there are plenty of indies among them. Maybe popping into the next OryCon would be a good way to hook up with other PDX indies. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
New York City here.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I simply titled a thread "Looking to meet other Indie Authors in Twin Cities, MN" or something close to that last year. We now meet quarterly in my home and have about 12-15 members. Fifteen never have come at once, but someday I hope they all will.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Diane Patterson said:
I'm really surprised KB hasn't set up a Meet Your Locals sub-board...

I live in Silicon Valley, if anyone's around those parts.
HI Diane,
I'm in the Silicon Valley too. Grew up in Santa Clara. ;-)
-Tiff

PS: The orchard talked about in my series was at Homestead and Lawrence Expressway. It's Kaiser now.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
I know there are some German based indies here at KB (Ruth, Mathias and Nancy for starters), but unfortunately none of them live even remotely close to me.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
erikhanberg said:
Tacoma! How about a NW meetup?
I'm a South Puget Sounder too! There's a lot of us on here. Maybe we should find a semi-common area to get together. I live in Enumclaw.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Well I'm in Paris (France) most of the year and then in Palm Beach Gardens (Florida) for about two to three month.
Anyone?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Lady_O said:
this is really cool!
Thanks Lady O! :D
I'm going to advertise it on its own thread... that will be fun!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts